Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Saint Christopher question?

My mom named me after him, She always told me st christopher was a good man and helped children.

Do you find this funny?

cause I'm a terrible influence to children..

I don't know, well great, and my mom claims to know the bible

Favorite Answer

Christopher is a

GREEK NAME

NAME IS FROM CHRIST ( Χριστόφορος)

Saint Christopher (Greek: Άγιος Χριστόφορος) is a saint venerated by Roman Catholics and Orthodox Christians, listed as a martyr killed in the reign of the 3rd century Roman emperor Decius (reigned 249–251).

The Eastern Orthodox Church venerates Saint Christopher on May 9. The Tridentine Calendar allowed a commemoration of Saint Christopher on 25 July only in private Masses. This restriction was lifted later (see General Roman Calendar as in 1954). While the Roman Catholic Church still approves devotion to him, listing him in the Roman Martyrology among the saints venerated on 25 July,[1] it removed his feast day from the Roman Catholic calendar of saints in 1969. At that time the church declared that this commemoration was not of Roman tradition, in view of the relatively late date

Wiki

Christophner WONDERFUL NAME

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Christophe...

CHRISTOPHER IS FROM THE FIRST CHRISTIANS OF THE WORLD

YOU HAVE A NAME DAY IN THE FIRST GREEK CHRUCH OF THE WORLD ( THE GREEK SEPTUAGINT AND THE FIRST GREEK NEW TESTAMENT WERE IN GREEK CHECK

http://www.eortologio.gr/data/eortes/namedays_C.ph...

We all come short of the Glory of God..

There is None Good among you

Try to Change your Negative Influence to Goodness

We all Make mistakes and you can see your faults. Correct Them :)

IC XC NIKA

GREEK ORTHDOOX KATHOLIKOS ( GR FIRST UNVIERSAL) APOSTOLIC CHRISTIAN )FOR ALL)

• Paul

Depends how old you are maybe you'll grow into your name.

To be honest I don't put much stock in names, they're just means of identification.

Also wasn't St Christopher the patron saint of travellers?

are you a terrible influence on travelers...

isn't he the safe passage saint?

no