When someone calls you 'salty' what do they mean?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

1.pissed, upset

2.Upset, embarrassed or indignant as a result of humiliation or wrong-doing by another person. Salty was most often heard in Chicago up to about the mid-nineties.

3.A word originating in Philadelphia generally meaning that you just got played, or are looking stupid, either because of something you did, or something that was done to you.

• hollyuna3 years agoReport

the only reason why I searched the meaning of this word meaning because I have one of my "friends" saying that salty means roasting. Everybody already knows the meaning of the word he was the only one that didn't, everybody was telling him that isn't the meaning of the word. And now I can prove it!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/HaVEa

Well given that this inane remark came from Fight the System/Know the Cause, I think the first reason is obvious: he is unaware that the adjective formed from the noun 'incest' is incestuous, not incestual. That aside, I believe he's unaware of its meaning, unless he really does think all the people he refers to as sceptics are related to each other and having sex with each other. On the other hand, he does become overly excited in a juvenile adolescent way when sex is mentioned; so it may be that he feels daring posting a naughty word, even if he did get it wrong. My belief is when he grows up and actually has some sexual experiences (other than sitting jackknifed over his flying fist in his parents' basement) he will calm down. But if the question is why does he feel the need to offer what he presumably feels is a deeply wounding insult to anyone who disagrees with him (sorry, I'll make that 'with whom he disagrees', because he's never actually offered any opinions with which to disagree) well, that's pretty much his reason for being on this board. He has never, ever actually offered any advice, thoughts or opinions on the subject of alternative medicine; the nearest I've seen him come to doing do is when he offered three words of advice to someone about their advanced cancer: 'Try some herbs'. He appears to have no knowledge of alternative medicine, and no opinions about it other than 'it works'. The only actual opinion he has ventured was when he repeatedly stated all women who supported vaccination should be raped, and singled out one of the regular sceptics on here as particularly deserving of rape. And that's about his level, and really is all he does - unpleasant, juvenile sniping and insults. That's why.

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

When someone calls you 'salty' what do they mean?

Source(s): calls 39 salty 39 mean: https://biturl.im/zTkgV
  • 6 years ago

When someone calls you salty, it means that they are saying you are being sassy, rude, or irritable in general.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago
  • 1 decade ago

"salt" is a word that means sailor. "Salty" language would be language a sailor would use, filled with obscenities and swears.

• 1 decade ago

Hello,salty means "Maybe if a guy or girl said it to you it meant something sexual

or nasty and if it was a guy or girl,ignore it.If you just don't know the general meaning of salty,then eat something like salt,"said by Jojo B.In other word,salt also means:-

salty (sôl′tē)

adjective saltier salt′i·er, saltiest salt′i·est

1.of, tasting of, or containing salt

2.smelling of or suggesting the sea

a.sharp; piquant; witty

b.coarse or earthy

c.cross or caustic

noun pl. salties salt′·ies

Informal an oceangoing ship that operates on the Great Lakes

Modifying Another Word

•slightly: It has a very strong, slightly salty flavor.

•too: Like to say beside winning the was too salty.

•quite: Extending the investigation: Try some mineral waters with a high dissolved mineral content - they are quite salty.

•very: Soak new candles in very salty water for an hour.

•so: The water was warm and so salty to make floating a pleasure and swimming a dream.

•not: Have a snack tho not salty ones as they will make you thirsty.

Preposition: as

•seawater: The Thames Gateway Water Treatment Plant would treat river water that is less than one third as salty as seawater.

Modifies a noun

•seadog: The three masted Sea Jade was back in port on crewed by eccentric 66 year old salty seadog, John Victor Grierson.

•tang: These give the milk, hence the cheese, a slightly salty tang, which is still a characteristic of Cheshire cheese today.

•snack: Try to get out of the habit of adding salt during cooking or to your meals or eating too many salty snacks.

•aroma: Gradually, he became aware of the soft breeze over his body, carrying a salty aroma.

•taste: Playing field check the top deck salty taste of.

•sweat: Children who have cystic fibrosis have excessively salty sweat.

Used with adjective complement

•taste: Some foods that are high in salt don't taste very salty.

•become: This allowed the Atlantic Ocean to become more salty, resulting in more deep water being formed in the Nordic Seas.

•make: But if the salt loses its salty taste, it cannot be made salty again.

•eat: Don't eat too much salty, fatty or sugary foods such as crisps, burgers and cakes.

•avoid: Avoid salty, fatty or spicy foods that might irritate the stomach.

•get: As it shrinks, it also gets more salty, which in turn makes it harder for the remaining water to evaporate.

Preposition: than

•sea: Essentially the water would be drawn from the ebb tide of the Thames, which is about two thirds less salty than the sea.

Adjectivesalty (comparative saltier, superlative saltiest)

Positive

salty

Comparative

saltier

Superlative

saltiest

1.Tasting of salt.

2.Containing salt.

3.Coarse, provocative, earthy; said of language.

4.Experienced, especially used to indicate a veteran of the naval services.

5.(linguistics) Pertaining to those dialects of Catalan, spoken in the Balearic Islands and along the coast of Catalonia, that use definitive articles descended from the Latin ipse (“‘self’”) instead of the Latin ille (“‘that’”).

I hope that helps.Have a nice day to you.:]

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.