Is Peyton Manning a top 3 QB ever?

Peyton Manning is a top 3 QB that's ever played in the NFL?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

not yet

• 4 years ago

No, no, no, no, and one more no!!!!! A Super bowl ring does not make you the best quarterback ever. Think of all the great players when there was no super bowl like Sammy Baugh. Many other QB's were and are way better than Peyton Manning could ever hope to be. Peyton Manning is a great QB maybe even in the top 10, but not the greatest ever. PS: Marino is 1000 times better then Manning

• 1 decade ago

Peyton Manning is the greatest of all time. Insert him onto any team in history and they're just as good, if not better. Insert any other quarterback you want onto this year's Colts squad and there's a step down after losing Dungy.

And to anyone who says Brady is better than Manning, you're delusional. Brady is overrated, built up by the league's best o-line and most clutch kicker in the game. How many late-game touchdown drives does Brady have? The only one I can think of in the playoffs was after he had already thrown an interception and the DB fumbled it (vs SD a few yrs back). Peyton hasn't had great receivers; he's made good receivers look great. Otherwise, someone would have given Harrison a shot this year. If you need 3 pts to win, Brady might be your guy, but if it's a touchdown, you want Elway or Manning.

• BOOM
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It's very tough to say there is a Top 5, let alone a Top 3.

If you say Peyton is Top 3 then which of the following players are not?

Brett Favre

John Elway

Joe Montana

Johnny Unitas

Otto Graham

Tom Brady

Dan Marino

Roger Staubach

Terry Bradshaw

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes he is. I have him number 3 on my all-time top 5, but by the time he is done he will hold all the records and be considered the best ever hands down!!

1. Brett Favre (holds all QB records, SuperBowl Champ, 3 time MVP, never missed a game)

2. Tom Brady (3 rings and still may not be done!!)

3. Peyton "the sheriff" Manning

4. Joe Montana (rules the airways in the 80's)

5. Troy Aikman (3 rings and may be the most accurate QB of all-time)

• 1 decade ago

Yes He is the colts will win sunday and he will be a top 3 QB for sure he owes it to the NFL.

• 1 decade ago

Right now he is in the top 3 or 4 because technically Brett Farve holds most records. By the time he finishes he will be the number 1 quarterback.

• 1 decade ago

I really dont like the Colts or any of the Mannings....but he is a great QB. I would say a top 5.

• river
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Lots of good QB's---Peyton is easy top 10 and prolly top 5 by the end of his career----He's plenty good and I like'em----but top 3? Good question to drink a beer on and discuss.

• 1 decade ago

Nope Nope Nope Absolutely not because TOM BRADY IS BETTER THAN HIM Im a Giants fan but TOM BRADY HAS 3 rings and a 14-4 record in the playoffs. 14-3 because i cant include the Ravens loss he had like 3 different ailments hip, thumb, and ribs. And don't forget Manning has had great receivers

• 1 decade ago

No.

1. Johnny Unitas

2. Joe Montana

3. John Elway

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.