which book is better to read for school?

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston

A Separate Peace by John Knowles

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

The Hot Zone by Richard Preston

Woman Hollering Creek by Sandra Cisneros

Fallen Angels by Walter Dean Myers

The Great Tree of Avalon: The Child of the Dark Prophecy by T. A. Barron

Of Beetles and Angels by Mawi Asgedom

Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah

The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman by Ernest J. Gaines

Copper Sun by Sharon M. Draper

Favorite Answer

Good heaven's, you do like to make it a tough choice, huh? lol. Well, I've read most of those and they are fabulous, but I'm inclined to recommend the first four. Great Expectations and Jane Eyre are two of my all-time favorite books, but if this if for a project/paper, Watching God and A Separate Peace are really good ones for that sort of thing. I read them in high school and loved them both.

I'm sorry I can't be more help. I'm a bibliophile and therefore the wrong person to try and answer, lol.

Good luck! :)

I liked Great Expectations, A Separate Peace, and Jane Eyre.

Well I read Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston for school and while I was in school I read Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. It just depends on what you would find more interesting. If you ant to read about the oppression of African Americans, especially women, then read Their Eyes Were Watching God. If you want to read a love story set in the country side of England then read JAne Eyre.

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

• ExeneC

There are a few I haven't read here, but I adored Jane Eyre, A Separate Peace and Their eyes were watching god.

Jane Eyre I really liked it

Better in which regard? Do you have to do a report on it? Is it for an exam?

The books you have listed are SOOOO different that it's really hard to tell which is 'better' without having some idea of why you are reading them (or it).

i would pick the autobiography of miss jane pittman.

and if not that one i would read jane eyre.

after that i would pick great expectations.