Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 decade ago

How many sexual partners does a normal 16 - 25 year old girl have in one year?

Again, How many SEXUAL PARTNERS does a normal 16 - 25 year old girl has in one year?. I'm guessing 150.

And how many TIMES does a normal 16 - 25 year old girl have in one MONTH? I guess 10 times.

Any ideas?

Favorite Answer

Ummmm, for me, it was one partner per year, starting at almost my 18th year. I didn't have sex at all until about a week before my 18th birthday, and until I was nearly 20, I was lucky if I had sex more than twice a month. I was interested in having sex more often, but I usually didn't have the opportunity with my partner of choice to have it more often. I got married just before my 20th birthday, and being young newlyweds, my husband and I would usually have sex at least once a day for most of the month, unless I was having my period (which squicked him out at first) or unless he was temporarily stationed in another country (in which case again, I didn't have sex at all). This continued until I got pregnant three times in two years, using birth control each time. After the third pregnancy, I quit having sex at ALL until I could get my tubes tied, so for about a year and a half there was another dry spell.

It's really going to depend a lot on the individual female. Some women never have sex. Some have frequent sex. I doubt that most women ever have as many as 20 partners over their lifetimes, unless they are actually sex workers. It's also going to vary by age (I consider 16 to be too young to be involved in a sexual relationship for most girls, and I don't care if it's legal or not) and whether or not she's in a sexual relationship with someone. If a woman doesn't have a boyfriend, or girlfriend, and isn't interested in casual hookups, then she's probably not going to have sex at all. If she's a swinger, is interested in casual hookups, and otherwise has available partners, then she might have many sexual encounters in a month.

"Normal" covers a very wide range of behaviors. However, your guesses are wildly over the average range, except for a woman in her early to mid 20s, who might be having sex that often.

• Holly

LOL 150? If she is a porn star maybe! MOST women dont have 150 partners in their life time.

My guess is more in 1 or 2 a year at most for the average female.

• Mudkip

Last year, I had sex twice a day, right before brushing my teeth in the morning and right after brushing my teeth at night. Each time was with a different partner. I'm kind of a prude by the standards of most of my girlfriends, so to answer your question, over 730.

• It generally depends on her race, her socioeconomic status, and her desired lifestyle.

Her gateway to a vast number of partners is acquisition of either Herpes or HPV--once she's got either, no one who's clean will want her for an emotional or purely sexual relationship, so she's relegated to mutually diseased sex, so why not have a ball.

And being "undesirable" to ~75% of the population will have a significant impact on her ego and self-esteem, making her more prone to having purely casual sexual flings.

Young people don't seem understand that numerous sexual flings are for the diseased.

The more partners she's had, the more likely it is that she caught something early in life.

Checkout my figures on permanent STDs:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Apxe8...

When I was that age - one. Most of my friends had steady boyfriends and had one or two over the course of 9 years. A few played around and had short relationships, maybe a new guy every 6 months or so.

16 Years Porn Tube

I'm 16 and I have 0. So I think normal people would maybe have like 5 or more

• Scilla

The average human being has about 9 sexual partners in his/her lifetime. Go figure.

The right answer should be "0" maybe "1"...maybe "2" in a leap year

Well, this past year was a slow one, so you are right...150. But I have to say in my defense that I have kept pretty busy at work. I know it's a poor excuse, but it's all I got.