RD asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Will the Philadelphia Phillies be a better team in 2010?

Favorite Answer

Yes, I believe they will. As a matter of fact I see the Phillies winning the pennant again. Certainly the division should not be a problem for them as they should clinch early for the playoffs. Sorry Mets fans but I think both the Braves and Marlins are better and will finish in front of your team.

Phillies will again face the Yankees in the world series. As a baseball fan and not necessarily a Yankee fan, I hope the series will be a classic!

In the regular season, their lineup changes appear to be lateral moves.

For the playoffs, their pitching appears to have taken a step or 2 backward.

All of this is moot, however, if Cole Hamels returns to his 2008 form, as that will make the 2010 Phillies much better than the 2009 Phillies.

Getting Roy Halladay doesn't hurt, but Cole Hamels will need to have a better year than he had last year, and their bullpen will have to be more reliable.

I suspect the Phillies win the NL East by 7 or 8 games with the Braves and Marlins fighting it out for second place and a wild card spot.

Absolutely. Roy Halladay is the best pitcher in the majors, he just played for a really crappy team so you didn't notice how good he really was/ is. As good as Cliff Lee is you are better off with Halladay so the Phillies will be better.

No because I don't think Palanco is that big of an improvment over Feliz who I think is underrated. And Lee and Halladay are basically interchangeable talent wise. They'll be just as good though, and that'll be good enough right there to win the pennant and pose a threat to the Yankees in the World Series.

Yes, we shall destroy the National League and face those damn Yankees in the WS. This time we win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Phillies Win!

Yes

• I predict them to be the best team in baseball next season. Cliff Lee was only with them 2 months. (regular season) Roy Halladay will be with them for the entire season. and they have really good hitting.

Baring any long term key injuries by key players, they look like the team to beat in the NL.

The only way for them to be better is for them to win the world series and that will probably not happen