.NicK. asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

How long to get rid of gingivitis?

ok so I have ginigivitis, mild or kinda bad. I started using a waterpik and flossing every night and rinsing with act because my dentist said it will help the most. I dont have a cleaining untill april and im wondering if i keep cleaning my teeth like this will the gingivitis go away by then? thanks

oh yea and i have braces

Favorite Answer

a waterpik only gets off big pieces of stuff. flossing will help between the teeth. act will help to protect the enamel on your teeth but does not do anything for gingivitis. use scope pro health every day after brushing in the morning. still use the act at night to protect the enamel. also, you need to do dry brushing for 5-10 minutes a day. if you are watching tv or doing anything that you can brush your teeth while doing, grab a toothbrush with no toothpaste and brush in a circular motion right at the gumline under the brackets. make sure you always use a soft bristle tooth brush. your gums will be healed up in no time.

this worked on a 2 month camping trip to the boonies,on an infected tooth,,,,get a can of lysol disinfectant,it kills trychophyton mentagrophytes,and a large variety of bacteria,,mix @

one or 2 sprays in a few ounces of water,tastes yucky,,has less chemicals than kellogs poptarts

DILUTE the stuff,add to just carbonated water,swish,don't swallow,,,,use a semi stiff brush to brush,but don't be too rough,also,avoid bleached flours,snackywackies,candy bars,colas,pops,gooey

junkydonuts,etc,get some black cotton thread from the supermarket to floss with,don't dig

with the thread,but a clean tooth base will squeek,and you can see the residue you pick up.baking soda is also a good cleaner,without abrading the tooth surfaces

Visit the dentist to allow them to tell you how to approach this situation.

Check out the link below to see how you can make great savings today on DENTAL, VISION, PRESCRIPTIONS, CHIROPRACTICE & MORE - ALL INCLUSIVE!!

http://www.EveryoneBenefits.com/40693395

As a member, you may save up to 80% on dental treatment!

Give me a call or respond back with any questions. The link above should answer any questions as well.

Janet

AmeriPlan Representative

302.897.1850

Source(s): AmeriPlan

I have braces AND Gingivitis, its usually harder to go away with braces, but if you flossing properly and all that other stuff you said, it should go away a lot faster

Use Listerine 3 times a day, for minimum 3 minutes each time and you should see results in 1 month.

• Amy

It might take 4 weeks. You probably should switch to a toothpaste with gum-health activity and as the dentist said, you should be gentle when you brush. Also, you don't need to spend more than one to two minutes in brushing.

Thank you for starting to brush your teeth more frequently. You have gingivitis, because you are still struggling with your self-worth, prior to getting braces. I have braces too. Prior to you getting braces, you developed a poor self-esteem and didn't take very good care of the natural teeth you have. Through those bad habits, you developed gingivitis. Your gingivitis will go away with good care, but you have to be consistent and take ownership of taking care of your teeth, that will be beautiful soon.

I can't tell you if it'll be totally gone by then but it definitely will help to keep up what you're doing.

You tell me!

what GInGI something?