Help with vector problem?

A pilot flying from California to Honolulu flies at an airspeed of 250.0 m/s ("airspeed" = airplane's speed through the surrounding air) with her airplane pointed 67.0 degrees east of north. However,, the air itself is moving with a 40.0 m/s windspeed blowing due east. When the pilot adds the two... show more A pilot flying from California to Honolulu flies at an airspeed of 250.0 m/s ("airspeed" = airplane's speed through the surrounding air) with her airplane pointed 67.0 degrees east of north. However,, the air itself is moving with a 40.0 m/s windspeed blowing due east. When the pilot adds the two vectors of her airspeed and the windspeed, she gets her groundspeed: the airplane's actual velocity relative to the ground below. (Even though these are called "speeds," they are vector velocities.)
Using either the triangle or the component method, find the MAGNITUDE and COMPASS DIRECTION (expressed in degrees to the east of north) of the airplane's groundspeed.

Can someone help me answer this problem its giving me difficulty. I need to find the magnitude and the direction in degrees to the east of north. Please show your steps so I can see the process that you took.
1 answer