Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Is anyone else starting to think that maybe Palin isn't as much of a patriot as she claims to be?

Palin demanded over $100,000 to speak at the this weekends Tea Party Conference. I don't have a problem with someone getting paid but to me this just doesn't seem like the place to do it. Now tickets are $550 and I sure as hell am not in the position to spend $550 on a ticket. I thought this thing was supposed to be grassroots. Did Patrick Henry demand an exorbitant fee before speaking "give me liberty or give me death?" Those first American patriots didn't participate in the Revolution because they were getting paid - they did it because they loved their country and it was the right thing to do. Something about all this just isn't sitting right with me. Does anyone else feel the same?

Best Answer

Hey don't worry. Most people involved in the tea party movement can't afford those tickets, including myself. Quite frankly it disgusts the core of my being for greedy Mother F'ers capitalizing on a movement that was NEVER about money, it was about Americans from all walks of life coming together voicing their concern on a expanding government.

But fear not my friend. Those 500 dollar per ticket places will be having a good ol time listening to crickets because no one will show up, and right next door real patriots will be having a shindig protesting against the thieving government Ron Paul style.

First of all, I don't think it's crazy for her to charge for her appearance, even that amount. America is eating their hearts out for her. I have no clue why... I am from Alaska, and I am a Republican, but this lady isn't exactly the sharpest crayon in the box... She constantly makes excuses for her behavior, she opted out of her duties as governor (which is also silly because the main reason people didn't want her in national office was because of lack of political experience), and she is not familiar with the national government or current affairs. Anyhow, she doesn't seem to be going everywhere. Hopefully, she doesn't disgrace Alaska any further. Despite what the continental U.S. thinks, there are some very highly educated, sophisticated, hard-working people in this state. Do the nation a favor, don't support her 2012 campaign (which she claims non-existant HA) for President. Don't say I didn't warn you!

It SEEMS like this isn't the place for people to get paid for speaking but that is apparently routine. I am certain is wasn't routine back in the founder's days but it is now. I don't know if the amount is routine.

I do wonder what the leaders SHOULD be doing. If they refuse to pay, they don't get the dynamic speakers and the big names. But you are right that this kind of event doesn't seem too "grass roots."

But one big difference here is that this isn't a rally. It is a conference. It isn't for your everyday joe. It is for the planners. And it likely is also for fundraising.

• Mark T

She's the candidate for 2012 - one way or another.

From that perspective, attend, pay up and hear .... what she has to say, our friends over at the American Enterprise Institute have spent a great deal of time making sure she's ready - for the campaign, in fact it's started already and she'll be pitch perfect.

The folks running her show have been very shrewd about positioning her in this way because her campaign has to be self funding for a while as she staffs up for 2012.

No politician is likely to be as much a patriot as she claims to be.

• Dok

I never thought much of her in the first place.

Still whining about Sarah Palin, amazing.

Im curious, what other private American citizens not currently holding any elected office within the United States are you crying about? Also, can I get you a tissue?

In a free society, she's free to charge whatever she wants. Too high? Stay home.

as long as she does what the wapons makers ask of her she will be just fine

Source(s): dead moose dont talk

If you read her book, you'd be ready to vote for her in any election.