Perimeters and Areas of Similar Figures?

1. scale factor = 1/2 what's the area ration? 2. scale factor = 4/3 what's the area ratio? (shows a rectangle with a width of 9in, and a length of 6 in.) 3. scale factor = 4, perimeter of smaller = 30 in,; area of smaller = 22 in(squared) Find the area and perimeter of the larger figure. 4.... show more 1. scale factor = 1/2
what's the area ration?

2. scale factor = 4/3
what's the area ratio?
(shows a rectangle with a width of 9in, and a length of 6 in.)

3. scale factor = 4, perimeter of smaller = 30 in,; area of smaller = 22 in(squared)
Find the area and perimeter of the larger figure.

4. scale factor = 5/3, perimeter of larger = 24 m; area of larger = 20 m(squared)
find the area and perimeter of the smaller figure.

5. A common postage stamp has perimeter 3 3/4 in, and area 7/8 in. Find the perimeter and area of a scale drawing of this stamp if the scale factor is 8.

6. All circles are similar. The diameter of a long-playing record is about 5/2 times the diameter of a compact disc. If the area of a compact disc is about 115 cm(squared), estimate the area of a record.

I don't understand any of these problems, if you could help me I would greatly appreciate it. OR you could just give me the answer because I'm going to math tutoring tomorrow from 5-9. So, either way you do it, thanks! : )
2 answers 2