How is abortion a bad thing?

The fetus has none, if any brain activity. Killing an insect should be a greater crime than this procedure. And we do not need to have more humans on this planet. We have already committed such environmental crimes that we should never forgive ourselves, we have left little to no land for many species to live on, and more people would mean more land being destroyed. The ecosystem is worth so much more than a bunch of humans, even one human can scar this world and set off a chain reaction resulting in the deaths of millions of already mature humans.

I want your opinion on the issue. I do not want people to just agree with me for the best answer points.

Favorite Answer

It is a greater sin to kill off an entire species just because we want to fell that particular patch of rain forest to put a farm on it.

I agree abortion is not a bad thing. It will help us with population control once people realize that only the individual women and her doctor have *any* say in the matter.

FYI, for all you idiots out there . . .

Researchers from the University of California, San Francisco in the Journal of the American Medical Association concluded in a meta-analysis of data from dozens of medical reports and studies that fetuses are unlikely to feel pain until the third trimester of pregnancy.[2][3] There is an emerging consensus among developmental neurobiologists that the establishment of thalamocortical connections (at about 26 weeks) is a critical event with regard to fetal perception of pain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_pain#Medical_st...

http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/short/294/8/9...

Fetuses cannot feel pain until at least the 28th week of gestation because they haven't formed the necessary nerve pathways, sguttays Mark Rosen, an obstetrical anesthesiologist at the University of California at San Francisco. He and his colleagues determined that until the third trimester, "the wiring at the point where you feel pain, such as the skin, doesn't reach the emotional part where you feel pain, in the brain." Although fetuses start forming pain receptors eight weeks into development, the thalamus, the part of the brain that routes information to other areas, doesn't form for 20 more weeks. Without the thalamus, Rosen says, no information can reach the cortex for processing.

http://discovermagazine.com/2005/dec/fetus-feel-pa...

Before 26 weeks, the baby can't feel pain yet. There may be pain, but no way to feel it. Like people who are paralyzed. You can inflict the pain, but they cannot feel it.

Brain Waves . . .

Functional maturity of the cerebral cortex is suggested by fetal and neonatal electroencephalographic patterns...First, intermittent electroencephalograpic bursts in both cerebral hemispheres are first seen at 20 weeks gestation; they become sustained at 22 weeks and bilaterally synchronous at 26 to 27 weeks.

There are reasons, based on the physics of the EEG, why this has to be so. Remember, an EEG involves measuring varying electrical potential across a dipole, or separated charges. To get scalp or surface potentials from the cortex requires three things: neurons, dendrites, and axons, with synapses between them. Since these requirements are not present in the human cortex before 20-24 weeks of gestation, it is not possible to record "brain waves" prior to 20-24 weeks. Period. End of story. Scientists do not attempt to find electrocortical activity in embryos and fetuses because they know more about the physical structure of the developing human brain than they did in 1963.

http://eileen.250x.com/Main/Einstein/Brain_Waves.h...

~Pro-Choice Momma; Have had an abortion <no regrets> and I have a 13 month old daughter <no regrets>. I believe in protecting my daughter's choice.

Abortion: There is a Consensus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsSQiazUvgo

Youtube thumbnail

Ps - Muldah - *What if your life had been terminated at three weeks' gestation? You wouldn't be here, would you? You gots brain activity now don't you?*

Your argument is spurious and flawed - if someone had been aborted they wouldn't care because they wouldn't be here. It's a circular argument that's just plain stupid.

it is not if this is accomplished interior the early weeks of being pregnant and it is not used as a manner of start administration. this entire this is homicide that's a lot over used, this is homicide whilst that's a late term being pregnant or partial start abortion till this is MEDICALLY OR life THREATENING needed. you will get mixed arguments in this and that i wrote a freaking e book in this final night approximately an abortion question... yet i'm no longer re writing it. that's a private decision, extreme professional-lifers think of life starts at concept, which i do no longer. at concept that's a gaggle of cells with the skill to strengthen right into somewhat one, besides the undeniable fact that that's no way somewhat one, it has no gender, cells have not divided, chromosomes have not paired.... this is basically cells with ability in the event that they make it. i'm unlikely any added..... or i'm going to write all night that's a thoroughly very own situation.... you're unfastened to sense how ever you like.

Abortion is a bad thing. It should be legal, but discouraged as much as humanly possible.

It's easily preventable, the technology has been around for thousands of years. Just use it until you want to have children. It's pretty simple really, as long as the information is shared with those most likely to have sex,,,,, That's everybody over the age of 10,,,, then it's not a big problem.

Preach abstinence if you wish, but educate as well.

Only a stupid person would do one but not the other.

I agree, somewhat. I don't think abortion should be totally legal, as in you can't just go around having sex and think "I'll just get an abortion if I get pregnant". However, in situations were a women is raped, or impregnated via incest then I think it's okay. Or what if you know the baby will be born with a deadly disease, or some terrible birth defect? Would you really want to let the child live? It beats letting then grow up in an adoption home, where they may never get adopted, and where they'll have to live for the rest of their lives knowing "my parents didn't love me enough to keep me" or "why didn't my mommy love me?"

I agree with you somewhat.I don't know if abortion is right or wrong.But I think of all the kids in the world who are hungry and think why should someone add anther child that is unwanted to this world.Not that I'm saying all children who are hungry are unwanted.But just that there are too many of us here now.

It does not matter if the fetus has no brain activity. I think its a bad thing because you're killing something before it even had a chance at life.

"The fetus has none, if any brain activity."

What about at the point where the fetus does have a developed nervous system?

Way to show some support for your own species. . .

I know you don't want people to just agree with you, but you're making it very difficult. You make perfect logical sense.

• Moi

What if your life had been terminated at three weeks' gestation? You wouldn't be here, would you? You gots brain activity now don't you?