steve
Lv 4
steve asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do you think we can pull out of this economic depression?

Whats it going to take?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I love it when some idiot comes up with a "definition" of the word Depression so that he/she/it can go on to say we aren't in one.

It is all a matter of what people think, and the people have been calling it a depression for two years.

The best definition I've heard is that a recession is when you loose your jib, a depression is when I loose mine.

For many people the Bush Depression has been worse that the Hoover/Coolidge/Harding Depression was on their parents or grandparents.

We will not pull out of it unless those reactionary politicians who have the sole goal of making President Obama fail start working for the good of the country or are booted out of office. The class war by business against labor has destroyed the ability of the working people to carry the rich buggers on their backs.

Akin to shooting your horse to make it run faster.

Source(s): Congress of American Economic Terminology
  • 1 decade ago

We are not in an economic depression. I think we will pull out of this, but it will be in spite of a genuine effort in Washington DV - to keep us down.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It will take 20 years to undo what W did.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Another liberal *sigh*

it's a recession, we pulled out of the depression in 1939

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

not with the current president's stimulous package and the his demonizing of the kinds of people he gave the stiimulous to. oh wait, i gave the stimulous money to banks. and so did you.... he playing on peoples emotions.... and waging Class Warefare... demonize the rich and pity the poor is his game. i said pity not help. the rich are the ones who give money.

In short yes and no.

• 1 decade ago

it was almost a depression, yes it just takes time, the repubs are just trying to scare

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We cant pay our bills without an 80% reduction in federal spending. Its just math.

• 1 decade ago

Congress to STOP SPENDING

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.