What to do in Prague?

My university is planning a 4 day 3 night trip to Prague, Czech Republic. I'm a 20 year old student studying engineering.

I want to have as much fun as possible

I want to know the names of the best places to go (clubs, bars, streets, and other places tourists MUST visit)

how are the people like? how are the girls like ;) ? what should I use for transportation? What areas are unsafe?

Provide me with as much information as you can please :)

thank you

• Brian
    Favorite Answer

Prague is a great city for just walking around. I can't give you any idea about bars because I don't waste my time in them abroad (we have bars and clubs at home). I can tell you to be in the Old Town Square at noon to see the Astrological Clock, which is very cool (and will appeal to your engineering sense). At the same time the square will be filled with people in 18th- and 19th-century dress selling discounted tickets for cultural events that evening, even during weekdays. We got tix to see "Don Giovanni" performed by marionettes in an attic theatre. It was too cool. We found the people, including the girls, to be friendly and hospitable. In addition to the Astrological Clock (and climbing the tower of the old town hall), you should see the cathedral up on the hill. It was under construction for hundreds of years, being built into the 20th century from the original plans. The crown jewels are displayed in its treasury. Walk around Wencesclas Square, where there is often a market. Also go window shopping for Czech crystal (great gifts for mom and friends), but when it's time to buy some, go to Tesco (not too far from Wenceslas Square). It was real cheap there! As for transport, there is an excellent tram system that covers the town, but it is such a cool town for walking we never took a single tram. You'll have lots of fun. Bon voyage!

dont walk over the bridge into the old town.. stay in the new town..

DONT DONT DONT OFFER TO BUY A GIRL A DRINK !!! I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.

IF SHE IS A PLAYER THEY WILL IGNORE WHAT YOU ORDER HER AND GIVE HER A BOTTLE OF CHAMPERS ... THEN 2 DOORMAN WILL STAND BEHIND YOU UNTILL YOU PAY THE £400 BILL