Marine Corps/ UFC advertisment- anyone else mad?

So the USMC and UFC teamed up to get more young people interested in becoming Marines, and here is the result: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmypBiWKxU0 Basically, it compares Marines to UFC fighters, calling both warriors and compares the training both go through. My complaint is the analysis is flawed and... show more So the USMC and UFC teamed up to get more young people interested in becoming Marines, and here is the result:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmypBiWKx...

Basically, it compares Marines to UFC fighters, calling both warriors and compares the training both go through. My complaint is the analysis is flawed and minimizes the importance of the Marine Corps.

A line from the ad: "There is a path...illuminated with purpose"

Okay, so being a UFC fighter is of the same degree of purpose as being a Marine (Note: this is officially endorsed by the Marine Corps)

A line from the ad was "Becoming a warrior means joining a brotherhood..."

What brotherhood is there in the UFC? I understand there is camraderie, but nothing close to the level one experiences while under fire.

"Becoming a warrior means joining a brotherhood...PROVEN ON THE FIELD OF BATTLE"
(Cut to famous video of Marines raising flag on Iwo Jima, followed by UFC victories)

So Iwo Jima is even comparable to a UFC victory? 28,000 Marines died in a battle that is just as important as a UFC fighter knocking another out?

A line from the ad was "Some battles are fought in the octagon...others on all corners of the earth"

So the Randy Couture vs. Brock Lesnar "battle" (cough* sporting competition *cough) was the same as the battle of Fallujah? The BJ Penn vs. GSP fight the same as Iwo Jima? I'm sure my uncle who was one of few survivors of the Battle of Pelelui is happy to know his sacrifice is equal to that of Matt Sera.

"Every warrior lives for the fight"

So, according to the Marine Corps, our fights are only as important as UFC bouts.

"Some victories are measured in belts and titles...others are measured in stars and stripes"

Comparing a belt to our nation's flag??? Are you serious??? The USMC would be the absolute last organization to support this, or so I thought.

"There is always another battle waiting to be fough...and won"

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but again, Marine battles are equal to UFC Pay-per-views- WTF?

I feel like the USMC completely sold itself out. I understand the recruiting needs, but what happened to Honor, Courage Commitment? Semper Fidelis? I hope the sacrifices I make in Afghanistan will make me at least as good as WEC in the eyes of the USMC.

Okay, I'm just rambling at this point, and I don't even know who to direct my anger at.

---Lance Corporal, USMC
Update: "MMA Fighter" if you want to see how tough you are, you can meet me in Afghanistan this summer, unless you feel tough enough hiding behind a computer talking crap about the Marines. You're a coward nothing more.
Update 2: And I'm a big UFC fan. I'm looking forward to the fight this Saturday. It's not the UFC I'm pissed at- it's the brass who sold the Corps out.