Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

i want to apply for a united states postal service job. where do i begin?

i was on the website for hours and still can't figure out where to start. i just want a simple guide that will point me in the right direction. Thank you.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you really want to work for the Post Office, wait till this Autumn and check your local papers or "through away" circulars for part time Xmas help. Stand in line with the hundreds of other applicants, and maybe you can work for some good money doing very hard work.

The Post Office is no longer hiring full time civil servant applicants. The last ones were hired about 3 years ago and they are on the 'short list' for permanent, life long jobs.

FedEx and UPS have killed the PO. In fact, the PO uses UPS for many of it's deliveries.

Apply to FedEx or UPS if you really want to handle mail and packages. If you are looking for a civil servant job, forget it.

The PO as we know it will soon be gone.The union pay scale, benefits and pensions have killed it.

Kiss your cheap postage stamps good bye.

Source(s): My friend is a postal employee.
  • 1 decade ago

You need to take a civil service test before they'll even consider you. Take that first. But you should know, they have a hiring freeze right now and are even looking to get rid of the people they have. Machines do 80% of the work and Postal clerks won't be around in the future.

Rural route carriers still will be though, and you don't need to take a civil service test for that, though you do need a clean background and pass drug testing.

• 1 decade ago

UUMMMMM - The Post Office maybe?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.