French speaking cities in the USA?

so, i really like the french language.

and dream of moving to a french environment.

are there any cities in the USA that speak french and have the city decked out in français?

like..besides new orleans in louisiana and stuff?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Besides New Orleans and some of the Gulf Coast, I'm not really sure there is another major hub in the US that has a sizeable French speaking population. I'd say you might want to try New York, Washington, San Francisco?

• 4 years ago

The state of Louisiana is rather French-talking, exceedingly interior the hot Orleans area. interior the mid-1700's, the French-talking Acadian human beings have been expelled from jap Canada because of the fact they refused to swear allegiance to the British queen. lots of them went to Louisiana, the place they grew to advance into standard as Cajuns. French-talking Acadian human beings additionally stay in many the states alongside the north jap coast, extremely in those closest to the Canadian border.

• U Mad?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Any of the northeastern states of the US which border Canada. The Lewiston Maineiacs tend to play a lot of hockey teams from Quebec, the majority are French (eg. Chicoutimi, Val D'Or, Rouyn-Noranda, etc...)

• Assefi
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

i don't know about the rest of the country, but here in NYC there are alot of french speakers from alot of places in the francophonie , and it is close to Canada ( Montreal). I also think Rhode Island has quite a bit of French Canadian speakers.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Manchester, NH....the west side is called little cananda

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.