Hi R&P, What kind of trouble might I find? (#20)?
Well, here's the top 101 mix tape rules song of the day, . Mix tape rules simply means that I only allowed myself one song by each act. I hope you all enjoy it.
Since we've hit the top 20 I figured I would give the whole list:
101. the Violent Femmes - Add It Up
100. Unkle - Rabbit In Your Headlights
99. the Tyde - Henry VIII
98. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Runnin Down a Dream
97. They Might Be Giants - Road Movie to Berlin
96. the Stranglers - Golden Brown
95. the Vogues - 5 O'Clock World
94. Jethro Tull - New Day Yesterday
93. fIREHOSE - Anti-Masogyny Maneuver
92. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Is This Love?
91. Drive Like Jehu - Here Come Rome Plows
90. Bob Dylan - Stuck Inside of Mobile With the Memphis Blues Again
89. Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World
88. Yo La Tengo - Stockholm Syndrome
87. Rocket From the Crypt - Killy Kill
86. Band f Horses - Wicked Gil
85. the Monkees - Randy Scouse Git
84. Echo and the Bunnymen - Do It Clean
83. the Starlight Mints - Black Cat
82. Devo - Gut Feeling
81. the Who - the Kids are Alright
80. the Carrie Nations - Find It
79. Andrew Bird - Imitosis
78. Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth
77. Portishead - Cowboys
76. Tom Brosseau - Here Come the Water Now
75. Mos Def - Sex, Love and Money
74. the Mamas and the Papas - California Dreamin
73. the Specials - Little B*tch
72. PJ Harvey - Me-Jane
71. R.E.M. - Welcome to the Occupation
70. Jimi Hendrix - Castles Made of Sand
69. Peter Gabriel - Solsbury Hill
68. Bruce Springsteen - Does This Bus Stop at 82nd Street
67. Jason Loewenstein - NYC III
66. the Breeders - Only in 3's
65. Okkervil River - It Ends With A Fall
64. the Zombies - Time of the Season
63. Weezer - Tired of Sex
62. The Spires - Wild Death
61. The Mars Volta - The Widow
60. Deerhoof - This Magnifcent Bird Will Rise
59. Robert Pollard - Make Use
58. Talking Heads - Crosseyed and Painless
57. Warren Zevon - Desperados Under the Eaves
56. Modest Mouse - Interstate 8
55. Bruce Hornsby and the Range - The Way It Is
54. Fionn Regan - the Underwood Typewriter
53. Morrissey - Alsatian Cousin
52. Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
51. Jane's Addiction - Three Days
50. Blur - Trimm Trabb
49. Franklin For Short - Like A Feather
48. David Bowie - It Ain't Easy
47. The Old 97's - Streets of Where I'm From
46. Paul McCartney - Too Many People
45. Delta Spirit - Parade
44. Polvo - Thermal Treasure
43. Fuazi - Place Position
42. Beck - Guess I'm Doing Fine
41. Nick Drake - Things Behind the Sun
40. Brian Wilson - Surf's Up
39. Aimee Mann - It's Not
38. The Silver Jews - The Wild Kindness
37. Billy Joel - Laura
36. Sebadoh - Homemade
35. Sonic Youth - Dirty Boots
34. Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
33. Guided By Voices - Bulldog Skin
32. Oingo Boingo - On the Outside
31. Stephen Malkmus - Jenny and the Ess Dog
30. Jurassic 5 - Concrete Schoolyard
29. Jeremy Enigk - Carnival
28. Sammy - Encyclopedi-ite
27. the Velvet Underground - Who Loves the Sun
26. Apollo Sunshine - Ghost
25. the Smiths - Handsome Devil
24. John Lennon - Watching The Wheels
23. A.C. Newman - On The Table
22. The Roots - The Seed V. 2.0
21. Wilco - Theologians
With number 20 I went with a song that I may glorify a bit because it segwayed into me discovering a record and a band that I would become incredibly excited about. It's true that for most ears they probably have better tunes. This one is quick and simple, but it just hits so right with me. Man, the Sophtware Slump is just a ridiculous record. So good.
Grandaddy - Chartsengrafs
So, what did you think? What's your favorite song from the countdown so far?
Thanks a lot everybody. I hope you're all having a really great week.
Thanks a lot guys. I'm glad this one is playing so good. I love this track.
Jason Lytle? Have you heard the solo record by any chance (not sure if he made an impact)?
Thanks a lot man. I'm glad you liked the track.
Take it easy man.
Oops, I saw an A when it was really and E. I'm bummed I never got to see them. I hear they put on a great show.
Nice Teenager of the Year Johnny. That record is an all time top five album for me. Great stuff man.
- JLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
ive never heard this band before, but they sound awesome!
my faves are:
Sonic Youth - Dirty Boots
Jimi Hendrix - Castles Made of Sand
the Smiths - Handsome Devil
Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
Guided By Voices - Bulldog Skin
Stephen Malkmus - Jenny and the Ess Dog
the Stranglers - Golden Brown
fIREHOSE - Anti-Masogyny Maneuver
Yo La Tengo - Stockholm Syndrome
i liked a ton of them though, its a pretty awesome list!
- simoneLv 71 decade ago
Grandaddy...I haven't listened to them for a while but after hearing your clip, and remembering how much I loved them, I'll have to dig them out.
Favorite so far is a tough choice when the options include: Tom Brosseau - Here Come the Water Now, PJ Harvey - Me-Jane, R.E.M. - Welcome to the Occupation, the Zombies - Time of the Season, The Silver Jews - The Wild Kindness, Sonic Youth - Dirty Boots.
But I'll go with Yo La Tengo - Stockholm Syndrome
- 1 decade ago
I'm usually partial to the Who and David Bowie, my two favourites. But this is one of those rare occasions when somebody mentions the Monkees, the band that pretty much defined the essence of my childhood. So I'm going to have to go with Randy Scouse Git, which is a totally gnar song.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Hi Prof !
Oh yeah I liked this one a lot , the cool intro that made me dreamy , I thought it was going to go that way the whole song but then it kicks in with a heavy guitar sound ! Love that ! Again , new stuff I haven't heard til now , so thanks !
I guess my fav. song from the whole list is either It Ain't Easy-Bowie , Gut Feeling-Devo or Rabbit In Your Headlights-UNKLE . I really can't pick between those 3
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
My fave from your list is #57. Warren Zevon - Desperados Under the Eaves
- AlbertaLv 45 years ago
Depends on when you were 17. If that means you guys were having sex a few months ago when you were 16, he could get in trouble. As in, if your parents find out, they can press charges, even if it was consentual (you agreed to do it).
- sunkenshipLv 71 decade ago
i saw the distinguished gentlemen playing this at a festival 8 or so years ago.
- David VLv 71 decade ago
great little piece