Is this a good introduction to a book?

Hello my name is Chandler and i'm 15, I am writing a book about the end of the world, I wanted to know if this was a "catchy" introduction to a story, does it make you want to read more? Or is it just plain boring. The reason I want to know this is, if i wrote the whole book this way and its boring,... show more Hello my name is Chandler and i'm 15, I am writing a book about the end of the world, I wanted to know if this was a "catchy" introduction to a story, does it make you want to read more? Or is it just plain boring. The reason I want to know this is, if i wrote the whole book this way and its boring, nobody will read it, but if its catchy, it might catch the eye of a publisher.

*The world on it's deathbead*

There was allot of shouting going on in the streets that day. Cars began to con-jest and honk loudly at one another. The wind began to slow its whisp and the streets were lit bright with a glare. The masses were praying for mercy at the great circular light in the horizon, indeed they all feared for our lives. We simply stared in dis belief as the clouds began to part into smoke rings that moved outward. A gust of wind caught my side as I walked along heading back to my apartment. My eyes ever so often caught a glance of the mass happening, but I dismissed it all so that I would remain calm in my final minutes of life. The crowd stood motionless, silently waiting as the light grew nearer. I couldent help but notice all of these people showed no emotion at all, they gazed quietly knowing this was most certainly the end. The wind then died down and a sudden silence fell upon us. I watched as the light grew brighter and brighter from off to the ocean. The sky began to wrinkle and rip as if it were a painted canvas. There was a prominate humming noise rang through the streets like an approaching train. Maple leaves fluttered from the trees and snapped past us signaling that the wind was picking back up I then picked up my pace to a full run as I darted around randomly parked cars in the streets. My eyes were sent up above me to see the moon, it was a dark ring in the blareing white sky. People began to shout as the air grew hot and shadows shot past us darkening. My attention was directed to the sound of classical music which was being played from the open door of someones car. There shouting was silenced as masses of glass shattered from the skyscrapers and fell to them. Shockwaves of dust roared down the streets like a hoard of rampaging bulls. The dark escence of death began to flood around me. While darting across the street, I looked behind to see that the whole sky lit up to the flareing britness of the sun. I then rushed to the shadow behind a local bank, while doing so I felt the heat and air pressure rise to an unworldly amount. My hands were sent over my ears as they began to pop. I shielded my whole face hiding in this dark oasis of shade. Then, all pressure, heat and sound stopped, my squinted eye caught a glance of tiny lines of smoke that trailed from every object and eventually curved into the direction of the bright light. Then, my resting place, the shadow of a bank grew pitch black as opposed to the white asphalt and surrounding sky scrapers. The smoke reversed directions and my vision began to fade out. I realized that this was the end for me, my life was no more. Something had happened to the world that was truly evil, something that nobody expected. I began to realize that everyone on the beaches must have been either burt to death, or crushed by the extreme air pressure. Even in this darkened shadow, my skin felt as if it were melting which was probibly true. What seemed like hours were only a few seconds of light and the sound of humming. My mind raced with possibilities of what was going on, I pondered the thought I was the last living being in this city, or perhaps the world. The pain soon grew to enormous to think, the heat was unbearable and I knew that this was where I would have to give up. Instantly, my brain activity ended as if I were falling asleep and that was the last thing I remember from the world I had known for so long.

While our old wold had come to an end, a new world.... had just been born.
Update: Please note this inst the final version, spelling and punctuation arent corrected.