Is it true in IL that IL Sate board Of ED is rewriting history for public ed? 2 paragraphs on WW ll & 8 pgs on?

Obama? Why are the IL libs controlling ed? Mandates by the state are out of control. Schools are to be run by LOCAL governing bodies. Chicago needs to seceed from IL. We don't want your influence & we are tired of paying for your waste & whims.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

We were warned:

"If Congress can employ money indefinitely to the general welfare, and are the sole and supreme judges of the general welfare, they may take the care of religion into their own hands; THEY MAY APPOINT TEACHERS IN EVERY STATE, COUNTY AND PARISH AND PAY THEM OUT OF THE THEIR PUBLIC TREASURY; THEY MAY TAKE INTO THEIR OWN HANDS THE EDUCATION OF CHILDREN, ESTABLISHING IN LIKE MANNER SCHOOLS THROUGHOUT THE UNION; they may assume the provision of the poor; they may undertake the regulation of all roads other than post-roads; in short, every thing, from the highest object of state legislation down to the most minute object of police, would be thrown under the power of Congress.... Were the power of Congress to be established in the latitude contended for, it would subvert the very foundations, and transmute the very nature of the limited Government established by the people of America." - James Madison

Decentralization of authority and an educational bias towards individual autonomy is the key to maintaining a free society. When centralized authority, be it federal, state, or even municipal departments of education take control of funding and curriculum, the curriculum will be geared towards producing individuals who accept more government control and less individual responsibility.

I'm speaking in more general terms than your question addresses. I am aware of the issue you raise and it is a symptom, not the root problem. WWII saw "Progressivism" taken to its full conclusion in Germany and the USSR. The full story about the causes and consequences of WWII paint Progressivism in a light that modern progressives would rather forget than learn from. If future voters are to be duped into accepting the modern proponents of Progressivism as their charismatic leaders, they cannot be adequately educated in what happens when such a philosophy is successful in gaining full control.

Even worse, the North Carolina public high school administrators are considering eliminating US history prior to 1877 for 11th graders. They would instead study "global studies, focusing in part on issues such as the environment." Names, dates, and places in Middle School would be the extent of their knowledge of the founding.

"We are certainly not trying to go away from American history," Rebecca Garland, the chief academic officer for North Carolina Department of Public Instruction, "What we are trying to do is figure out a way to teach it where students are connected to it, where they see the big idea, where they are able to make connections and draw relationships between parts of our history and the present day."

Apparently the principles of Natural Law on which the nation were founded are no longer applicable to the modern era. Inalienable rights to life, liberty, and private property (noted in Locke's Two Treatises on Government used interchangeably by the founders with "the pursuit of happiness") aren't so inalienable after all.

• pruski
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

definite. I tremendously plenty accept as true with you. maximum are sheeple and easily spew out speaking factors without fact. i think of i'm a fairly independent. i think of the two events are to blame for the mess we are in. status decrease back and watching issues objectively, you're able to desire to determine that the two events over spent and abused ability. it form of feels to me the occasion lines are blurred adequate that we actually purely have a one occasion gadget, the incorrect occasion.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.