Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 decade ago

When will I pay my real estate agent?

Hi,

If I am listing my house through real estate agent, I am paying 6% commission.

My question is when will I pay this? Will I pay all of 6% if the sale goes through. Or do I pay part of it now and then wait for a buyer and pay the rest after teh sale goes through

Favorite Answer

The agent should be paid at closing. The fees should be included on the HUD. You shouldn't have to that to the agent out of pocket. The title company will cut a check at closing.

You pay that at closing, all 6%. Don't pay anything until your house is sold. Because of terrible housing market today, your house maybe up for sale for months. My friend's house was on the market for 14 months before it sold. Good luck

At closing

It is paid through the sale proceeds

you pay NOTHING until and unless your home sells

Read the listing contract CAREFULLY before signing it, and don't agree to a term longer than 6 months; you can strike out, change contract before signing; you can obtain legal advice Before signing listing agreement

Source(s): real estate investor

The sale commission is entirely deducted from your equity at the closing when your house sells. You never have to pay the agent directly.

• pruski

that's plenty extra consumer-friendly, even regardless of the incontrovertible fact that, for brokers to be paid a share of the value. maximum genuine components brokers make money with the aid of commissions paid directly to brokers whilst transactions are settled. A single fee is often split numerous techniques between the itemizing agent and broker provider, and the customer's agent and broker provider

the agent gets paid after the house closes

At closing if it sells.