Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 10 years ago

which one is better for seo, HTML or JOOMLA?

I am going to order a web designer to build a site for me. I dont know which one is better for seo, HTML or JOOMLA?

can anyone help me?

Favorite Answer

Joomla is a database driven content management system (CMS), which allows you to dynamically create new pages on the fly. Joomla uses HTML and CSS files for presentation, while the content is stored in the database.

I think what you are referring to is a static HTML site. With a static site, you have to physically create a new HTML page if you want to add to your site.

With either, it depends on how the site is set up whether or not it will be search engine friendly. I've seen static HTML sites that will never be found in the search engines, as well as CMS driven sites.

If you hear someone say that Joomla isn't search engine friendly, it is because they don't know how to set it up to be that way. No, out of the box it won't be optimized, but I run several sites on Joomla that are search engine powerhouses because I knew how to configure it.

With search engine results getting more competitive and the importance of being able to integrate your RSS feeds with social networking platforms, I would never recommend going with a static HTML site in this day and age. Most CMS platforms, including Joomla, are designed to push your information out, you would be really handicapped with a static site.

• ?

Despite what "SEO Experts" may tell you, you'll get the best results by creating great key word focused content. The more content you can create the better. Unless you want to pay someone to create the html for each new page you create, or are willing to learn how to do it for yourself, I'd go with Joomla. It may not be perfect, but it will be much easier to create new pages with.

On the other hand if you are really serious about creating a successful website, checkout http://www.sitesell.com/

• Arie

HTML is a client side scripting language. Joomla is a Content Management System (CMS). You cannot compare both, as they are two completely different things. Joomla is based on PHP (server side scripting) and HTML (client side scripting) with a MySQL database, so it uses HTML as well.

That is like comparing "A cake" to "A bakery".

Neither one is better. You just get one from the other.