what are some good classical conditioning experiments to do on my friends?

well i learned about classical conditioning in psychology and i thought it would be fun to do an experiment on my friends...does anyone have any good ideas what i should do?

hey i'm in high school, i mean no harm but it, it's all for good fun

• sina

Classical Conditioning Experiments

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): good classical conditioning experiments friends: https://tr.im/JObfr

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/0PTcq

In the old days, drunks were given a substance that made them sick if they ate or drank anything. That conditioned them not to drink. Instead of using a reward program (like feeding a dog when a bell rings), use a punishment program (like asking your friend to eat something foul tasting if he uses drugs). Eventually, he will be conditioned to associate the foul taste with the drug.

There was an interesting video in which a student had an "easy button", a device when pressed said the words "That was easy", and he had an airgun. For the next few hours of studying, he pressed the button and shot his room mate with the airgun, over and over. His roommate eventually associated the sound of the button saying "that was easy" with the pain of being shot with an airgun and when he heard the sound he immediately flinched and screamed even if he wasn't shot with the airgun.

I think there's a video of it somewhere...Try that! Get them to associate a sound with pain.

Pavlov's dog.

• Nail

Don't

you really shouldn't just do experiments, there are laws and guidelines put in place for actual experimenters who have had many more years of school and experience, so as someone who is just learning about psychology i would stay away from trying to do any experimentation.

• nickie4 years agoReport

I m in psych just learning about it and for a grade I have to do a conditioning experiment your argument is invalid I m in high school too