How hard is it to build a kit airplane?

I'm 12 years old and I was wondering how hard it would be for me to build a kit airplane like mabe a STOL CH 750 airplane. I also was wndering how long it would take and how much help I would need

Favorite Answer

Think of what you are doing, and the responsibility you are assuming. The fact that you are openly violating Yahoo's terms of service (age limit) is not promising.

If you aren't handy with tools, forget it.

If you're in a hurry, forget it. This has to be done *right*.

If you're expecting to save money, forget it.

The CH750 looks like a hoot. I'd allow a couple of years of part-time work from uncrating pieces to running it up on the apron. YMMV.

Do you mean one of those really cheap kits where you cut out the little wooden parts and stick them together? Those were SO MUCH FUN - and they only cost 15 cents when I was a kid. I built two planes when I was 15 - they were so neat. But then I went away to sea that year and never was interested after that.

I hope you mean that kind of kit - they were remarkable - but quite difficult. However if you use your head, you'll succeed very well. What a big accomplishment when you're done!

• Irv S

It would take you years, after you learned the required sheet metal working skill.

Did you know that that engine will cost you over $12,000?