Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 10 years ago

My neighbor ran into my car backing out of his parking spot and I watched him and he says he didn't ?

And he smashed up his bumper and hit the bully bar on the front of my jeep. My jeep is an older model and runs great and he took some of the paint off.. and i really would not of been annoyed but I watched him do it..confronted him while he did it and he says he hit the tree not our car..

Should I let it go or say something more ?

I ask because he likes to pull in backwards alot and I have a really nice orange vw beetle and several times he almost took the paint of the rear of it pulling in and if he hit that I would really be pissed .

Best Answer

Say something.....I'm gonna be mad if he hits your Beetle, I love those cars.

You can't ask questions here and hope for serious answers. But I don't know what you should do considering that this isn't right after it happened. I would say you should do the same thing to him only bust his window first so you can take the parking brake off and put it in neutral. Hit him so he goes just the right angle to veer into the road and get smashed by a semi.

I would say something if I felt it was a big deal. It's kind of hard since I'm not in that situation but I know that if it was bothering me, I would tell him. It's kind of a tricky situation though since he's a neighbor and it's better for neighbors to try and get along. I guess I would definitely say something if he was a careless driver in the parking lot. He sounds like he's in denial if he can't even admit to hitting your jeep and blames a tree. =(

First of all if you have never owned a gun before, a .50 cal Mag is not a very good choice, unless you are trying to break your wrist. A shotgun is best for home defense. I would get a 9 mm or a .45 acp simi automatic. And I would move.

Say something. Take pictures and go to the police and tell them what is happening. They can take paint chips from his car and test the ones where yours was hit to see if it matches. If he hits your other car I would not hesitate to report it..... I hope it all works out for you. God bless

• Tigger

Hopefully a Security camera caught the action. Ask to review the Security Tape. When you see he did hit you, ask for a copy of the Tape. Present the copy to him and tell him you can settle out off court or go to court, his choice. When he sees he hit you, he will pay up.

• papaw

First and foremost take pictures of your car, and his, too if you can! (and take pix of different occasions of him backing out to show his pattern of behavior!

1) call out a traffic policeman and make a report

2) Contact his insurance co

3) If necessary, there's always small claims court

4) Check in the neighborhood to see if there were witnesses...

Do something! for the sake of your beetle. Don't let this slide!

Go take a pic of his vehicle and then make him pay to get your vehicle fixed.

If he took paint off your car, it will be on his....he cannot dispute that..

If he then does not want to fix it, small claims court him to death.

I would go over and take a pic, then confront him again....

Do not let the jerk get away with it.

I think I might use this as a solution, even if it might take a little of his paint off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d56P074vc6w

Youtube thumbnail

Um I wouldn't say the word love though, LOL

• Regwah

What an asswipe, how can someone lie like that?

I think maybe you should report it, it is awkward when you are living so close.

Is there a mark on the tree, did you exchange paintwork?

Hit a tree? Is he Tiger Woods?