What do you think about Gabourey Sidibe?

Do you love her as an actress or hate her?

I actually like her as an actress, but I hear people say that they don't like her and that she is fat and ugly and that she needs to lose weight.

What do you think of her?

Favorite Answer

I think she is really charming and funny. It's interesting when I look at her I don't particularly see a heavy or obese person. I think her personality outshines her large figure.

Well, to those people who are calling her "fat and ugly and needs to lose weight", I should ask the question of them of what is more important--being thin or being a nice and respectful person? Sidibe, from what I've seen of her in the press and on the red carpet, seems like an absolutely lovely and sweet person. Her weight is her OWN business and if she wants to lose weight, gain weight, or stay the way she is, it would continue to be her own business. Far too many people have petty, shallow, ugly little pea-brains and fail to have the intellectual capacity to gauge a person by the content of their CHARACTER.

She does need to lose a serious amount of weight for her own health. She is an alright actress. Pretty good for being a newcomer. I think people are more willing to praise people who would normally be scorned. Like a seriously obese person who plays in a movie detailing her pitiful existence.

We'll see in the next movie whether or not she is this great actress.

• Erika

i'm no longer attempting to be rude, yet i imagine this is because of each and every of the fat on her face...it makes her eyes crinkly and not in any respect open as wide as they might if she had a thinner face. No insult meant, in simple terms holding it actual.

• .

"Alright actress" That girl is nothing like her character. See her in an interview. They are total opposites and she is a very confident person With that, I think she did a great job in Precious. I look forward to seeing her in other films.

She's not "ugly" but she is obese and needs to eat right and exercise. She was a good actress in the movie (even though I hated Precious).

She's a good actress.

I don't personally know her so I can't say anything about her except I do think she did a good job acting. She is overweight, but she's not ugly.

I think she acted well in the movie (although I didn't think "Precious" was that great of a movie... she did alright in it); however, look-wise, I think she looks disgusting. It's embarrassing to me how fat the people in my country are (I'm American and live in the U.S.). A lot of people in this country need to go on a diet. I think the U.S. has to be the fattest country (with a large population) in the world. Look at the serving sizes at our restaurants. My husband and I always split a meal when we go out because the serving sizes are so huge. Neither of us are health fanatics, but we do care about maintaining a healthy weight.

I haven't seen her act, but yes, she does need to lose some weight.