Eligible for TPS?? Citizen of another country...Haitian?

I was born in Haiti and came to the US at the age of 6(19 yrs ago) and I've never left the US since then.Since one of my parents is a Canadian citizen,I was automatically qualified for Canadian citizenship as a minor.I believe my citizenship status changed before I even turned one.Since this was involuntary and since my last country of residence is Haiti,do I qualify?? I have never been to Canada.When my father petitioned for me to become a permanent resident of the US,the country of Chargeability was Haiti...My petition got withdrawn b/c I got married before the process was over.I had no idea I wasnt suppose to.Any advice? No mean comments!


Your answer makes no sense.Do you even know what TPS is? I think not.

2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    What's your question? It seems like you want to get rid of your Canadian citizenship and be just Haitian. If so, WHY? You can always go live in Haiti for a while without getting rid of your Canadian citizenship. Your question makes no sense.

  • Jan
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

    No. You are a citizen of Canada. TPS status is being given to Haitians who are here illegally. That isn't your situation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.