Have you ever seen a Scotsman wearing a kiln?

Favorite Answer

Ach, nae that I iver seen it meself, but I hear of a highlander who wore a kiln, but the heat of it kilt him dead.

Still, he were a true Scotsman for all that.

Not sure why this question is in R&S. Are we supposed to worship a Scotsman that can pull off wearing a kiln? I mean it would be pretty impressive.

Have I ever seen a Scotsman wearing a large furnace? Well, gosh, I don't think so... Sounds painful, complicated, and dangerous. If I did a Scotsman wearing a kiln, I would definitely be impressed.

I have never seen a Scots wearing an oven for the firing of pottery, nor have I seen one wearing an oast (a conical kiln used for drying malt, hops, etc.) however, I have been to many a gathering of the clans and seen them wearing kilts.

I do know some Scottish potters who use a kiln and I know some Scottish brewers (who make some of the finest single malted, unblended Scotch Whiskey you might ever be fortunate enough to taste) who use an oast.

I even speak erse (Scots Gaelic) but, I have never seen a Scots wearing a kiln.

namaste

Yes I have seen a Scotsman in a kilt. I am British of Scottish ancestry so kilts are part of my life. When my cousin got married every man who attended the wedding wore a kilt and it looked fantastic, all the different tartans from all the clans. On the wedding photos it looked a beautiful sight all the kilts. So in answer to your question, yes I do like kilts and more Scotsmen should wear them. Of course we have to take into account that the weather is not always so warm and it maybe a little cold round the Trossachs. What finer sight is there of a Scottish Pipe Band marching with bagpipes and all of them wearing kilts!

• There's a kiln in the old community centre next to the pub around the corner. I'll go there after a football match and see if I can talk anyone into trying it on for you.

Source(s): ROTFL @ Rico. :-) :-)

I would think a kiln is much too heavy even for formal or evening wear.

• .

I'd question the sanity of a man running around in a "kiln".

If I saw a man in a KILT though, I'd probably be checking out his legs. :)

Yeah, he was badly burned, and covered in clay. Those kilns can get real hot.

A kiln you mean the pottery oven no.