I need engine for 1953 Mercedes Benz 170 Sb sedan / W 136 IV, 1767 cc ,52 hp at 4000 rpm, where can I find it?

If someone knows where I can buy it please send me a link.

Favorite Answer

I would try www.ebay.de which is the German side of eBay, where you may likely find an older Merc being parted-out. Personally, I would fit a rather more modern engine! The 2 litre 190E engine was available in a carb version, and would be smoother, likely more fuel-efficient, and almost double the power of the 1950's motor you are seeking!

The only other tip I have is that the MB four cylinder gasoline engines changed very little from 1950 to 1958. You could expand your search criteria a bit and maybe come up with an engine that would fit easily and be very close to the original installation.

If you don't have one to re-build you might be out of luck.

You could try Potomac German in Frederick, MD

or get in touch with the Mercedes Benz Club of North America,

one of their members might have a clue.

There is no easy solution to where you can buy this online. At least, not that I have experienced. You need to be calling junk yards and if they do not have it, ask them if they know any place that would carry one.

Good luck.