Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Jews: Do you support Israel?

This is a question for Jews. I want to know how the Jews here feel about Israel and it's attitude towards the Middle Eastern states, especially Palestine and Lebbanon.

Firstly: Do you truly believe that Israel is the Promised Land?

Secondly: Do you support what Israel does and believe it has the right to evict Palestinians in order to settle there?

Thanks, and I hope no-one is offended by this question.

Favorite Answer

I *believe* that Israel is a legally-created State just the same as any other State. It has the same right to protect itself as does the US, UK, Canada, etc. What other country/state in the world would tolerate daily rockets landing in their cities from *refugees* they're required to support for eternity?

What other country/state in the world is required to return lands won in wars? What other country/state in the world has been required for 60 years to be caretakers of those who lost their land to war? What other *refugee* peoples has the U.N. refused to resettle for over 60 years? What other people have been refused acceptance by their own people (Arabs) for over 60 years?

No, I do not *believe* that Israel belongs to the Israelis because of their religion; it belongs to them because it is a legally-created State.

Palestinians were offered half of the Palestinian Mandate in 1948 but refused it; Arabs controlled the West Bank and Gaza from 1948 to 1967, yet no Palestinian political entity arose in either place, not even provisionally. Now Palestinians completely control Gaza, but rather than building a state there, they claim that they are under Israeli occupation.

The common explanation is that the Palestinians want a state encompassing the entire former Palestinian Mandate. But a more likely explanation is that the Palestinian national movement is not and has never been a national movement in the ordinary sense of the term. It was for a long time the vanguard of the Arab nationalist movement and is today the front line of aggressive Islamism. The establishment of a state is not the goal. The elimination of a state is not the goal. The elimination of a foreign, non-Arab, non-Muslim entity is the goal.

“We will have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us.” Golda Meir 1957, before the National Press Club in Washington

Are Palestinians the first refugee population in history? Hardly. But they are surely the first refugees who, as a group, have categorically RESISTED RESETTLEMENT, instead living for decades as wards of the international community. Indeed, in Gaza today, years after Israel renounced any territorial claims, there continue to be refugee camps. Why? Why -- other than to serve as incubators for hatred that produce recruits bent on martyrdom and mayhem -- are there Palestinian refugee camps in Palestinian territory?

http://www.aish.com/jewishissues/middleeast/Nothin...

The trust deficit is exacerbated by the fact that after Israel quit the Gaza Strip in 2005, Palestinians, instead of building Singapore there, built Somalia and focused not on how to make microchips, but on how to make rockets to hit Israel. Thomas Friedman

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/04/opinion/04friedm...

.

Yes, Israel is the Promised Land.

Yes, I support Israel's self-defense against cowardly attacks that Arabs have launched constantly. Now that the state of Israel is a fact, the Arabs can't just run through and kill all the Jews in an area and steal the land the way they used to. Read the history of the land. You will find it is very different from what the Muslim propaganda machine tells you.

Source(s): Jew
  • carmon

American Jews don't help Israel. ninety eight percentage voted for obama who hates Israel and all real Jews in view that he's a muslim. Jews within the US are grasping blood suckers who rather might care much less approximately their religion and are best Jews via blood. We must help Israel who's our best buddy within the core east. Shame on you American Jews, you must feel embarrassment about yourselves, If the American Jews gave simply five% in their earnings to Israel they could be the richest nation within the core east. The so referred to as revolutionary liberals are looking to flip the USA into the brand new USSR and all of us must understand what Stalin did to the Jews, he killed ten million of them.

There is no Palestine.

Lebanon was fine until the Syrians and other radicals ruined it and took over the gov't.

Yes, Israel is our promised land.

Second, Israel has a right to exist. Do you know of any other country who won land in a war and then was forced to give it back? Please. If you don't want to lose land or rights and want to be treated as civilized people, then act civilized. 6 countries went up against Israel and lost and now they whine baout the outcome? They should have taken the deal instead of start a war.

Also, read history, no one was evicted. The people either left, or sold the land. Those who stayed stayed.

I am not Jewish,but I would like to offer an objective answer to this question.

If you will do the research into the birth of the nation of Israel,you will find that,outside of the religious aspects of it,the land belongs to the jewish people. This is backed by historical evidence. The Jewish people were exiled. After 2000 years of exile,a group of Zionist jews from Russia began to dream of returning to their homeland. Theodore Herzl was the pioneer of this movement which helped to birth the Balfour declaration and The Jewish National Fund.

The Jewish National Fund was founded to raise money to purchase land in "palestine," (the ROMAN name for Israel) and piece by piece the Zionists aquired parcels of land.

The Balfour declaration officially declared "palestine" to be the Jewish Homeland,and also made provisions for the "palestinians" to have a homeland too. Their homeland would be Jordan.

Why isn't Jordan cited for keeping the palestinians from entering their homeland? Isn't it Jordan that should be ridiculed by the U.N. for it's atrocities?

I do.. I am a Chrsitian but with Jewish Roots and I support Israel

Yes I believe that Israel Is the Promised Land

We Greeks Received our First Greek Septuagint/ Peneteuch as all from Judiasm

http://www.aish.com/jl/h/48929692.html

Yes Israel is the Promised Land. in BIble

God told Jacob...) "I am the Lord God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and your descendants. Gen 28.13b

God told Jacob...) "I am the Lord God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and your descendants. Gen 28.13bAnd the Lord said (to Moses): "I have surely seen the oppression of My people who are in Egypt, and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters, for I know their sorrows. So I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up from that land to a good and large land, to a land flowing with milk and honey, to the place of the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Amorites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites. Exod 3.7-8

Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, "Command the children of Israel, and say to them: `When you come into the land of Canaan, this is the land that shall fall to you as an inheritance -- the land of Canaan to its boundaries.' " Num 34.1-2

Palestinians are not being Evicted by Israels.. Its a matter of territorial land Dispute

Esau and Jacob are Brothers.

Bible

http://www.biblebell.org/mbag/mailbagaj.html

• Chaya

Jews are the true Palestinians, and long term residents of Judea who were there before it was called Palestine and after that name ceased to exist in 1948. So yes. international law says Israel is Israel. To take the law in your own hands and kill civilians, as Muslims have in volation of law, is terrorism. Their leaders should be tried and put to death for murder. They carry out Hitler's legacy according to this news bulletin:

Grand Mufti Amin al-Husseini, Muslim leader of what was then the Palestinian Territory, was a close confidant of Adolf Hitler. http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/20... Blueprints for Aushwitz were found in his apartment. Hisler's plans to anihilate Jews were carried forward by the PLO and Hamas via their charters call for genocide of Israel. So, yes I am proud of Israel for persevering through this evil.

The worst part of the Arab behavior is strapping bombs to their children. How can anyone be proud of such depravity? Teaching children to hate Jews and the West is barbaric. You don't teach children to hate in school.. I am glad there is at least one civilized force in the MidEast, Israel.

I support Israel, strongly.

First: Yes, historically, and in the future. I do not believe that the only reason that the Jews are entitled to Statehood in Israel is a religious one. In fact, I reject religion as justification for statehood status of Israel. She deserves recognition as a state because that was settled by an international vote, a successsful war for independence (a defensive one, I might add), the longest unbroken presence on the land (4 millenia), and a common language, culture, and identity as a nation---a nationhood sense that existed long before 'Palestinian nationalism' which crystalized in 1967 (prior to that the PLO claimed that the region was a part of Syria, and had no issues with the fact that Jordan unilatterally annexed the West Bank in 1950).

Second: Arabs were not evicted so that Israelis could settle in the land. The land on which Israel was founded on was purchased from Arab landowners---either absentee ones who were wealthy enough not to have to live on a strip of land that no one wanted or local ones who were massacred as traitors during the 30s anti-British revolt.

In 1948, Israel was granted self-rule on her settlements, plus the dry, arid Negev region, creating a tiny, difficult-to-defend checkerboard state. Again, even though there were plenty of Arabs within the checkerboard state, they were allowed to remain, and not evicted. Seven Arab countries couldn't handle the fact that Jews would be living in non-dhimmi status in a corner of the ME, and they invaded the nascent state to evict the Jews. During said invasion, the approaching Arab armies instructed Arabs living near Israel to leave, to make their anticipated genocide that much easier. Those Arabs left, of their own volition--granted, they expected to be resettled, but Israel had little to do with their leaving. I'm not saying that I don't pity them--Jordan and other Arab countries refuse to give them citizenship status and allow them to live as equals in their own countries in order to keep their 'refugee problem' alive. I think that international pressure should be placed on those countries to treat Palestinians inside them as equals, and to fix the refugee problem that they, themselves, started. A few Arabs were moved by the Israelis, they were resettled shortly after the 1948 war. Arabs on lands annexed by Israel following the 1948 war were made Israeli citizens; Arabs on lands annexed by Israel after any war were made Israeli citizens. She has done her job treating her end of the 1948 aftermath---time for Jordan, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, et al to step up and do the same.

What people don't talk about is an actual historical fact--the thousands of Jews who were evicted from Arab countries, their properties seized, and only their lives to be relocated with. What gave the Arab countries the right to behave like that? They know it's wrong--they accuse Israel (falsely) of doing the same thing? So why does Israel get slandered and the Arab countries get free passes?

So, yes, Israel's attitude towards Lebanon and the Territories (Palestine was an area that encompassed the area that is now Israel & Jordan before 1948) is appropriate. She is willing to make peace, but she will fight if terrorism is directed her way. Lebanon was a beautiful country, but the Syrians and the PLO infected her, and she tore herself out from the inside (with their help, of course), over 15 years of civil war. 15 years of Maronites being slaughtered in the streets by Muslims, and Pharangelist retalitation on helpless refugees. Israel had no hand in that. Lebanon found her way into the state that she is in on her own. I might add--Israel has had a longer fuse with Lebanon threatening her national security than, say, Saudi Arabia has had with Yemen. And, yet, no one really complains about Saudi military intervention in Yemen.

Peace

God who gave that land to Israel allowed aliens to settle there so far they did not attempt to lead Israel astray. And so i restate, any body is welcomed to live peacefully in Israel. any attempt to oppose God as regards Israel's right to nationhood will be met with divine thunder. i have warned severally, and do warn again: Israel is God's only physical portion in the physical universe.

all palestinian christian should read their Bible well if they are trully christian.

Jesus is The King of Israel.

Source(s): An unbiased assesment: Jesus is Almighty LORD GOD; I AM.

Again

there are thousands of sects in Judaism

there are some who actively support Palestine by holding demonstrations against the israeli government as they say israel will be built by the true King in future.

While there are some who think muslims and christians should be annialated with dome of the rock being their enemy number 1