Why do christians worship Jesus (infact Idols of Jesus) when it is prohibited in Bible?

Jesus never claimed Divinity. there is no unequivocal statement in the bible where Jesus says "I am God", or "Worship me".

Also, Why Buddhists build Idols of Buddha when he never said make my idol and worship me?

same question for the Vedantists (Sanatan Dharmis / Hindus).

Favorite Answer

Jesus Christ claimed divinity on several instances. Your Islamic nonsense about idols notwithstanding. See http://www.catholic.com/library/Divinity_of_Christ... for many instances where Jesus Christ made such claims.

• The use of Roman currency (and it's influence) is also what led Jesus to start flipping tables and whipping people in the temple.

You've all been retarded by what you hear in church. Jesus spoke in very general terms [about everything]. He's the son of god just like I am the son of god, or how you may be a child of god. It would be regarded as insane for any man at any time to say "I am god". That's the type of thing in overhearing only an idiot would believe.

It is idol worship to worship a man. Jesus was a man.

• Sandra

Jesus is not God, the Bible makes that one very clear (John 1:18; John 8:12-18; John 17:20,21). The idea that Jesus is God comes from pagan beliefs that the early Catholics adopted to ease the conversion of pagans into Christianity, it is not biblical teaching. In Egyptian mythology of the time, they had a pantheon of gods in which each god existed in a trinity with two other gods; if any one of the gods was removed from the trinity, all three lost their power until brought back together. So when Christians came along with their one God, the Egyptians believed He had no power. Rather than taking the time to patiently explain why God does not need to be in a trinity to have power, the early Catholics just changed the teaching, claiming that Jesus was God and then giving the holy spirit (which Genesis 1:2 shows is God's active force, and not a person) a personality and making it a god also, then combining the three of them into a trinity so the Egyptians would believe. ____________ The plan had to be done, yes, but that does not necessarily mean that any one of the ones who did it had to be the ones to carry it out. Jesus died because many of the Jews that were there that day did not pay attention to their own prophecies about the Messiah and killed the very one they were waiting for. Jesus died also because the Romans were playing politics, removing a possible threat of rebellion (or who they THOUGHT might become a rebel leader, despite Jesus repeatedly refusing to take that role whenever it was offered to him by the people) by killing an obviously popular Jew. Any of these individuals should have done right. The Romans should have followed their own laws, the Jews should have read their own holy texts. It was known that Jesus would die, but these all were guilty because they brought about that death precisely by ignoring their own responsibilities. They most certainly did fail, they did sin in any sense of the word, and so needed forgiveness, which Jesus asked his Father to give them. ________________ Jesus was not playing the "why me?" game, he was fulfilling a prophecy in Psalms 22:1, the last prophecy to be fulfilled that showed that Jesus was the promised Messiah. It is not Jesus that did not have a clue, it is you. You need to take some time to actually learn about things before you attack what you don't understand. There are plenty of individuals willing to help you if you need help, but you'd rather hate than bother to understand. Proverbs 18:13--When anyone is replying to a matter before he hears [it], that is foolishness on his part and a humiliation.

Jesus Idols

• Lowly

I will not condemn you for your question. It is not so unusual that you can have this opinion.

Jesus was in "act one" of a play which will include several "acts". He told others to keep the secret...about who he was. when he walked amongst us. After the resurrection...which sets him apart as unique among religious leaders, by the way... the Holy Spirit "speaks of Him", and teaches us of Him. Unless the Father draws us to Jesus, by the Holy Spirit, we will not recognize Him as God, or as much of anything, really.

In the act which is to come, the second advent of Christ...He will have a lot more attributes of God, that will be more readily perceived. One passage says that every eye will see Him. Another says that "every knee will bow, every tongue confess, that Jesus is Lord." Further, that God will be glorified....pleased, honored...by such a confession. Will He fit the God criteria then? Only time will tell. Some will never get it right.

To be perfectly honest with you, it is sometimes difficult to grasp even for the faithful. Did Jesus, the man...fully human...also exist as Jesus the Divine...the agent of creation, the one who is omnipotent, omniscient, and all those God attribute kind of words>? Can believers have been wrong for two thousand years now?

I believe He is the visible expression of the invisible God. You have not seen "the invisible". evidently. Another interesting point...all who claim to believe, honor, and submit to God...should have no trouble with Jesus. If we love God...loving Jesus is not so big a stretch. Did he not do the works of the Father? Opening eyes, healing the sick...raising the dead to newness of life? Satan wishes to blind all of our eyes to these truths. Wonder why?

No, as you say, Jesus is not God but the son of God. He did not say 'worship me', however, it is interesting how some definitely recognised the fact that he was the son of God and do seem to have worshipped God through him.

As for those who worship Buddha etc it is the foolishness that has been shown right down the centuries and exactly what the LORD God condemned. In fact the Bible goes far further by saying anyone worshipping other gods will be condemned.

Jesus claimed to be God - John 8:24; 8:56-59 (see Exodus 3:14); John 10:30-33

Jesus is called God - John 1:1,14; 20:28; Col. 2:9; Titus 2:13; Heb. 1:8

Jesus is the image of the invisible God - Heb. 1:3

Jesus abides forever - Heb. 7:24

Jesus created all things - John 1:1-3; Col. 1:15-17

Jesus is before all things - John 1:1-3; Col. 1:17;

Jesus is eternal - John 1:1,14; 8:58; Micah 5:1-2

Jesus is honored the same as the Father - John 5:23

Jesus is prayed to - Acts 7:55-60; 1 Cor. 1:2 with Psalm 116:4; (John 14:14)

Jesus is worshipped - Matt. 2:2,11; 14:33; John 9:35-38; Heb. 1:6

Jesus is omnipresent - Matt. 18:20; 28:20

Jesus is with us always - Matt. 28:20

Jesus is our only mediator between God and ourselves - 1 Tim. 2:5

Jesus is the guarantee of a better covenant - Heb. 7:22; 8:6

Jesus said, "I AM the Bread of Life" - John 6:35,41,48,51

Jesus said, "I AM the Door" - John 10:7,9

Jesus said, "I AM the Good Shepherd" - John 10:11,14

Jesus said, "I AM the Way the Truth and The Life" - John 14:6

Jesus said, "I AM the Light of the world" - John 8:12; 9:5; 12:46; Luke 2:32

Jesus said, "I AM the True Vine" - John 15:1,5

Jesus said, "I AM the Resurrection and the Life" - John 11:25

Jesus said, "I AM the First and the Last" - Rev. 1:17; 2:8; 22:13

Jesus always lives to make intercession for us - Heb. 7:25

Jesus cleanses from sin - 1 John 1:9

Jesus cleanses us from our sins by His blood - Rev. 1:5; Rom. 5:9

Jesus forgives sins - Matt. 9:1-7; Luke 5:20; 7:48

Jesus saves forever - Matt. 18:11; John 10:28; Heb. 7:25

Please pray a sincere prayer with all of your heart admitting to Jesus you are a sinner. Have full faith that His blood pays off all of your sins and accept His gift of everlasting life.

• Ernie

Jesus accepted worship many times, and I'll give a few references ( Matthew 8:2, Matthew 28:9, John 9:38, and Luke 24:52 ). If God didn't want Jesus worshiped, He would never have told Him this is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased ( Matthew 3:17 ). This makes Jesus equal to God ( also see Philippians 2:6-11 and Isaiah 9:6 ). Now making an idol or statue of Jesus, or even a picture, and bowing down to it is idolatry.

Jesus claimed to be God and the Gospels and Epistles and Revelation all record such in plain bare reading of the text and unmistakenly so when read in the light of the Apostolic tradition out of which it came

Making pictures and statues of Jesus, Buddha,(PBUT) etc is not idolatry

Most Buddhists do not adore Buddha Bikku Gautama Siddartha Sakyamuni as a god,let alone as God,but venerate him as the enlightened teacher and Theravada Buddhists do not believe that he can any longer exist or help people directly since he is "extinguished in Nirvana"

Christians do not think God or spirits inhabit their icons and imagesbut use these to proclaim the incarnation, which is most logical ,as is the Trinity ,if God is Eternal Love.

Many Non Muslims see naming Muhammad(SWT) a "the perfect man" as being idolatrous and contrary to the facts of his behaviours in this life

and most Non Mus reject the claim for the Quran as the perfect and final Word of God for they find it "flawed, misinformed, morally primitive and a throw-back to barbaric ethics and social custom"( Don't blame me for quoting this, please, for this is how many people see the Quran and Haddith).

Jesus does not have to say: "I am God", or "Worship me". Jesus declares his divinity, many times in the Bible. True Christians do not worship idols of Jesus, they worship Jesus. You need the Holy Spirit to open your mind to understand the Scriptures. Those who deny the divinity of Jesus, deny the very existence of God. Until all Christians belong to the Church established by Christ, Christianity will always be fragmented.

Jesus, himself, is the living image of God. Before we had no image. Now we do. If I want to buy a beautiful image of him, I guess I'll do so, without the fear of it being some idol, after all, it's not a golden calf or a bird. Jesus is not an angel either. But if I want an image of an angel, I'll pick one out just as it is described in the bible on the how to make its image. I want one just like that. I suppose God is in trouble for telling us how to fashion an image of angels too? Get off your pillar and come back down to earth.