BEEF crock pot/Slow cooker recipes?

My kids are getting older and we are so busy with after school activities that I have been trying to utilize my crock pot a lot more, so that when we finally get home, we can just sit down and eat. The problem is that I have a two huge freezers full of beef (my dad has a cattle ranch) so obviously I would like to use that. But all the websites I have been looking at just have roasts, chili and stroganoffs mostly. We can only eat those things so many times a month. Does anyone have any good beef slow cooker recipes?

• Judy
    Favorite Answer

Easy Beef Burgandy

• 2 lbs stewing beef, cut into 1 inch cubes

• 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup

• 1/4 cup red wine, burgundy (can substitute water in place of wine)

• 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix

• 2 teaspoons Kitchen Bouquet

• 1 teaspoon garlic powder

• 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced

Directions

1.

Add beef to the crockpot.

2.

Mix remaining ingredients together in a mixing bowl and pour on top of beef.

3.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5.

4.

Serve over white rice or egg noodles.

Make Italian Beef for sandwiches in a hoagie roll. It's easy, and there are hundreds of different recipes out there for it. Beef Rendang is another thing I make fairly often and serve over rice, but that really depends on whether your family likes curry type flavors. I'll also second the stew idea. It's easy and once you assemble it you can just walk away for several hours.

Stew is super simple. Cube the beef and coat it in flour. Add some water or stock to the cooker and toss in cubed potatoes (I like red potatoes), some baby carrots, green beans, a cut up onion and just about another root vegetable you like. Set it on low and let it cook. I'm a truck driver and do this about lunch time and come dinner it's ready. It's pretty hard to mess up and really doesn't require any measuring, just wing it.

A slow cooker favorite in my house;

Slow Cooked beef with red wine and mushroom.

1.25kg-piece blade bolar roast

olive oil

1 onion, cut into large rings

2 garlic cloves, crushed

1/3 cup (80ml) beef stock

400g canned whole tomatoes

1/4 cup (80ml) red wine

1 cup halved button mushrooms

basil, roughly chopped

creamy polenta, to serve

Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and spray with oil spray. Rub the beef with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and cracked black pepper. Cook the beef, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides. Transfer to a plate.

Place the onion in the bowl of the slow cooker. Add the beef, garlic, stock, tomato and wine. Cover and cook according to slow cooker manufacturer’s instructions.

Twenty minutes before serving, add mushrooms to slow cooker, cover and continue to cook. Transfer beef to a plate, cover and rest for 10 minutes then slice across the grain. Divide beef among serving plates. Drizzle with cooking juices, sprinkle with basil and serve with mushrooms and tomatoes and creamy polenta.

One of the most healthy foods are fruits and vegetables. There is not any healthy diet without them!

Fruits and vegetables have not many calories, and they're easy to burn off w/ light exercise. And some vegetables like avocados are high in healthy fats.