Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Which state in the USA has the largest pagan population?

I am a pantheist pagan and had a curious question. Which state in America has the largest pagan population? I would define pagan as polytheist, pantheist, wiccan, druid, nature worship, or any type of earth-based religion. My guess is that the Pacific Northwest probably has very many but I am not sure.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

At a guess I would say California, since it has such a large population to start with and seems to have a significant neopagan population.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Probably California simply because of the fact that it's so populated ... but there's also a lot of pagans in the Northwest as you suggested, especially in Portland and Seattle. Out east I'd say definitely Massachusetts and Connecticut, in addition to areas of Vermont.

• 4 years ago

likely California because of the very undeniable actuality that it truly is so populated ... yet there is also multiple pagans contained in the Northwest as you said, noticeably in Portland and Seattle. Out east i'd say easily Massachusetts and Connecticut, as well to elements of Vermont.

• 1 decade ago

As a solitary Wiccan, that is a question I would love to know the answer to! I think that would be difficult to calculate seeing as, (sadly) not many pagans reveal themselves. I hate that people of our kind still find it necessary to keep their identities hidden. With the way society is today, I find it is only hurting us staying quiet and in the shadows.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I am in Hawaii and so far, the pagan population is very low.......but I have only been here for two months

Massachusetts has a decent population. I guess it depends on who wants to reveal themselves.

Source(s): Wiccan
  • 1 decade ago

Definitely California, because of the large population.

• 1 decade ago

I would say Hawaii, since they still worship some of the old Hawaiian Gods there.

Other than that, though, there's no telling. Probably a liberal state.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Probably New Mexico or Arizona where the largest numbers on Native Americans reside.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i heard the biggest population of witches is in Australia. i know thats not the question but just thought you might like to know haha. also id think it would be a state with lots of forest.

Source(s): Me and You
  • 4 years ago

Pagan Population

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.