I need some help on these bio questions.?
2. Know the reactants and products of each step of cellular respiration and photosynthesis.
3. Which steps of cellular respiration are anaerobic, which aerobic. How many net ATP from each step and how many total ATP from one glucose molecule?
4. Summarize the major functions of each step of cellular respiration and photosynthesis.
5. Be able to trace the flow of electrons through CR and P.
6. Know what happens to energy and to atoms in both processes.
7. What are electron transport chains and where are they located in eukaryotes?
8. Describe how ATP is actually generated during CR and P.
9. What is fermentation? When and why does it occur? What are the 2 main types?
10. Which wavelengths of light are most absorbed by green plants? Which are least absorbed. How does this relate to photosynthesis?
11. Describe the effect of different factors on the rate of photosynthesis in autotrophs.
12. Autotrophs vs. heteotrophs: What? And what are some examples.
13. Describe and explain the significance of Englemann’s experiment with aerobic bacteria.
14. Distinguish between an absorption spectrum and an action spectrum.
15. Draw, label, and explain the parts of a chloroplast and a mitochondrion.
16. Describe the relationship between CR and P.
17. What is rubisco? Where does it occur? Explain the problem with rubisco and photorespiration. Which type of photosynthetic pathway (C4, C3, or CAM) is most prone to photorespiration?
18. Distinguish between and give examples of the following types of plants: CAM, C4, C3. Why are these different pathways necessary?
19. What is the significance of photolysis? When/where does it occur?
20. Be able to identify the equations for both CR and P.
21. Describe the lab procedures that we used (spectrophotometry and chromatography).
22. How do chemiosmosis, oxidative phosphorylation, and electron transport all work together?
23. Compare and contrast photophosphorylation and oxidative phosphorylation.
24. How/where do other foods besides glucose enter the process of cellular respiration?
25. What are the roles and locations of the following carrier molecules: NAD, FAD, NADP.
26. Review the media quiz questions on the website and the self-quiz questions at the end of the chapters
Any help is appreciated