Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 10 years ago

Do you think that the new body scanners at airport is an invasion of your privacy?

Some people oppose this. I'm totally for it. I've got nothing to hide!

Best Answer

No. I have no objection to it at all, if it improves security.

Could Mark find a link to show how it's only Muslims objecting to it?

Nothing here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8446604.stm

Nor here: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article68...

Not even Al Jazeera seems worried: http://english.aljazeera.net/news/europe/2009/12/2...

Do you have an agenda, Mark?

Of course it's not an invasion of my privacy, it's protecting me. Do these people seriously think that these scanners at the airports have been set up so that officials can get a good look at you naked? It's a bit of an expensive venture if that's the only reason!

Ok, it's not nice to know that you're being seen naked. I'll accept that. But the people bleating about invasion of privacy are just going to have to put up with it, especially if they also bleat about not enough being done to keep the country safe.

Better security is needed. And if anyone can think of a practical alternative to these scanners, go ahead.

•  

I don't like the idea of invasive security policies. I don't want to live in a police state. On the other hand, I won't want to be in an aircraft that explodes at 35,000 feet over the ocean. So I guess I am for the body scanners, but anything more beyond this will be too much. So long as I don't have anyone physically touch me then I'm fine.

those are actually not "suited" or public documents photographs. I certainly have had a bladder removal via fact of maximum cancers. subsequently, I positioned on a plastic bag to hold mutually my urine. without the completed physique scanners any liquid in the style of bag isn't stumbled on. I certainly have flown on countless flights with an entire outdoors synthetic bladder that would desire to contain liquid explosive yet as i did no longer wade by an entire physique scanner, went undetected. I strongly urge using an entire physique scanner for all passengers.

It is not a invasion of privacy, I will know in the future, I will be able to travel in safety.

• WRG

They are just more security theater. But they are no more of an invasion of privacy than the pat down searches they do now.

I don't want a straight woman looking at me. A straight guy or a lesbian is fine. I am not a hot looking guy and I don't want to hear them laughing when they see my naked butt on the scanner.

• Sal*UK

Not in the least - considering they are very likely going to save my life and that of about 300 others if a bomber tries to get onto my plane.

Dammm well hmmm i got nothing to hide either...as long as people dont judge my body while scanning me cuz that would piss me off....i can see people laughing people getting turned on...maaaannn

No, but it will offend the minority, so they will either make some crazy rules as to who actually has to go through it or just ban it all together.