Saj
Lv 5
Saj asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

"login steam to run" what's steam?

I installed rail simulator, and when I run it, it says to login steam and won't run, what to do?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Steam is a gaming platform used to play computer games.

It offers you to buy and download games through its virtual store, it organizes your games on your computer, and allows you to chat with your friends who have also downloaded Steam.

Some games have made deals with Valve (the company that has created the Steam program) to only be available through Steam, so if you want to play that particular game, you have to play it through Steam.

Go to http://www.steampowered.com/ and download the Steam platform here (there is a green button in the middle to the left). Then create an account in the program and you should be good to go.

Source(s): I have been using Steam for 6 years now
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

steam is a game platform where u launch ur games such as counter strike, empire total war etc. if u dont have an account then make one.

when u installed it. it should have prompted you to make an account and tie the game in with it or use your existing account

u need the internet to connect to steam

Source(s): i hope u dident download this.....
  • 1 decade ago

You can get Steam from http://store.steampowered.com/

Steam is a digital delivery service for games. Think of it as a games portal / games store, where you buy games online, get it delivered to you (download) and play online (for multiplayer games).

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You have to create an account at www.steam.com in order to play some games. It is used to prevent cracked, and illegally downloaded games from being played.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kimiko
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

The Pirate Bay, yet it rather is unlawful (in u . s ., yet does no longer or no longer that is humorous in case you flew to Sweden just to acquire HL2?). Its your selection. individually, i'm no longer probably with or against pirating issues on line...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.