Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

insomnia - early pregnancy symptom or just hormones going mental??? help....?

i am on day 30 of my second cycle with hormonal symptoms and no period yet. my first cycle was about 7 days longer than normal *which is VERY strange as i am normally completely and utterly a 29 day cycle. my period for the first cycle was 7 days late as mentioned, and also half the length and heaviness with some spotting before and after. since a fewdays before thati have had intense nausea in 3-4 day bouts with about 5 days beteeen them, terrible backache, bad dizzy spells, light headedness, strange bowel movements *sorry if tmi* going from constipation to diarrhoea, intense tiredness and fatigue regardless of how much i sleep and strangely, the complete and utter inability to sleep every other night at least. my breasts have been sore for weeks especially around the nipples and a strange rash across them which seems to be pretty much gone now. is this simply my hormones goin completely mental or am i showing early pregnancy signs? please help as i am so confused. any help is appreciated. :)

Favorite Answer

Well thoes do sound like pregnancy symptoms but usually happends later in preggnancy if you are just pregnant you wouldn't be feelin thoes symptomes yet I tell you this because I have 2 kids had 5 miscariages and 1 on the way so yeah. Nausea usualy begins at 6 weeks (1 month n a half) and back ach uyou wouldn't be having any time soon your stomach isn't big enough or tha baby I am 19 weeks pregnant. And started back pain at 16 weeks and its not even that bad. Um dizzyness maybe possible to have allready idk because I don't know horw far along you would be I started at 8 weeks with that constipation for me started at 7 weeks and yes you would be having brest pain usually that is a early sign of pregnancy happends around 4 weeks + but yeah if you think you are more than 4 weeks maybe 6 then its possible all thoes symptoms you are having are from pregnancy .

Go to the dollar tree the pregnancy tests there really work and are as good as the verry expensive ones! It would rrally help if you would have put the date of your last period.

I am 5 weeks pregnant and Oh god I just cant sleep. When I actually do sleep Its only for about 5 or 6 hours, I do wake up pretty energized though, but once a couple hours pass by I need a serious nap because I feel extremely fatigued. I blame that on the pregnancy because before it I could sleep with no problem and up to 12 hours..Oh and my breasts have been sore for 3 weeks already I dont know about the rash though.

Source(s): 5 weeks pregnant with 1st Baby ")

Don't ever take the sleeping pills route!!

1. They will damage your liver big time and you can get into serious health problems.

2. You will get hooked up on them and you won't be able to have a normal life any more if you don't take your pills everyday.

The sleeping pills industry is damaging our health by capitalizing on our ignorance, and by distracting people from effective and natural ways to deal with this problem. I had been taking prescription sleep medications [Ambien] for over 5 years. It stopped working and I simply took more. Still did not work. Nights were very difficult - medication put me to sleep but I would wake up after 2–3 hours with a strong sympathetic response (fast pulse, pounding heartbeat, wide awake alert). It was a very difficult cycle to break. I was really in bad shape due to lack of sleep.

After years of struggling I was able to cure my insomnia naturally and pretty fast. I followed the Sleep Tracks sleep optimization program, here is their official web -site if you want to take a look: http://www.insomniacure.net

Ohhh..and Good Luck!

I am pregnant and tha does sound alot like the symptoms I experienced in my first trimester but the only way to be sure is to go to your doctor and take a pregnancy test.

They can be both. Why didn't he do a urine dip to check for UTI rather than just say your symptoms sound like one? Kidney/urinary tract infections can also cause nausea, vomiting, weakness, dizziness, etc. The tender boobs could be from PMS. It can be pregnancy, it be a UTI with PMS, it can be pregnancy and a UTI. Did he prescribe anything?

I am sorry i cant give u a straight yes or no...I woul dgo and ask for a blood test from ur doctor. I ha similar problems and I swore i was pregnant..it turned out i had a hormonal inbalance.

good luck