? asked in 社會及文化語言 · 1 decade ago

\”MUCH OF??\”AND2條英文題目

幾條英文題目,要答是哪答案同要有解釋

THANK U

1.

At first glance,the holiday season in western countries seems a treat for those concerned with uncertainties such as GDP growth.After all,everyone_________.

A.is spending

B.spend

C.is spent

D.has spent

2.________the holiday spending is on gift for others.

A.The marjority

B.At most

C.Much of

D.Mainly for

**呢題why<much>of??

請explain

3.Even if a gift is enjoyed ,it may not be what the receiver_________had she spent the money herself.

A.had bought

B.would have bought

C.may buy

D.will buy

Rating
    Favorite Answer

1. At first glance, the holiday season in western countries seems a treat for those concerned with uncertainties such as GDP growth. After all, everyone has spent.

粗略地看, 不確定國內生產總值增長的人, 假期(消費的黃金時間) 是難得的樂事

2. Much of the holiday spending is on gift for others.

節日花費多在送禮上. (Money is uncountable noun)

3. Even if a gift is enjoyed, it may not be what the receiver would have bought had she spent the money herself.

即使很喜歡收到的禮物, 可是若她自己花錢, 她不一定會買同樣的東西

2010-02-01 17:27:42 補充:

1. At first glance, the holiday season in western countries seems a treat for those concerned with uncertainties such as GDP growth. After all, everyone is spending.

粗略地看, 假期對不確定國內生產總值增長的人是難得的樂事, 畢竟人人也在花費

2010-02-02 08:44:40 補充:

節日花費多在送禮上. (Money is uncountable noun)

即使很喜歡收到的禮物, 可是若她自己花錢, 她不一定會買同樣的東西

• Chun

1. A

is spending

*This is because this is the only one makes sense and with correct tense. It means "At the end of the day, everyone is a consumer who spends money". However, I am not sure with the meaning as I think you have made a typing mistake with the word "treat". That should be "threat" orginally, right?

2.C

much of

* It is becasue the subject being concerned is "holiday spending" instead of "holiday".

Holiday spending is an uncountable noun. Hence, "much of" should be used in the above case.

For the wrong answers, A is incorrect becasue of lacking preposition. B is not even logically correct as "at most" means 至多. D is wrong as "mainly" is an adverb, shouldn't be put at the beginning of the sentence when it is not a adverb phrase.

3.B.

would have bought

* I guess it is a typing mistake again but I deduce the answer to be "would have bought" from the general meaning of the whole sentence. I think it means "Although the receivers like the gifts they receive, they would not bought the same things with their own money". In this case, it should be type 3 of the conditional sentence, talking

about an imaginary passed case, like: If I had money, I would have bought this gift. This sentence implies that I had no money at the time I could buy the gift.

The above is only my opinion, please kindly correct if you find it incorrect.

Source(s): samuelgiggs2003

1.A(因為題目意思是假期正是消費者消費的黃金時間,所以everyone後面跟present continous tense)

2.A (只有它才是正確的)

3.題目不清楚