Windows 7 internet access problem?

i am using a HP presario cq61, which originally had windows vista installed, but i have recently upgraded to windows 7. When i was using windows vista i was having problems connecting to the internet wirelessly (using my d-link router) and it would connect to the network but only to the internet when it felt like.... show more i am using a HP presario cq61, which originally had windows vista installed, but i have recently upgraded to windows 7. When i was using windows vista i was having problems connecting to the internet wirelessly (using my d-link router) and it would connect to the network but only to the internet when it felt like. But if i plugged my laptop directly into the modem it would connect to the internet fine.

Now with windows 7, when i plug it in via ethernet cable, it connects to the network and internet fine.
When i connect it wirelessly, i always get a connection to the network but to get internet access i have to unplug my router for 30 seconds and plug it back in. also if im downloading a file, with a 3 bar signal strength, it disconnects me from the internet but not the network, and i have to unplug the router and back in again to connect to the internet and can only download files when i am sitting right next to the router, which defeats the purpose.