Anyone know of cheap auto transport?

I need to move a toyota celica from TN to shelton WA and every quote i've gotten exceeds $1,000. Is there any companies that offer a cheaper auto transport? I don't care if it takes 4 weeks to get here but i'm not going to pay more than the cars worth for transport. I don't have the option for someone to drive it up here either because the car is about to hit 300,000 miles and would probably die on a four day trip.

Do you have any recommendations?

Favorite Answer

That's pretty expensive. I used Crowley Auto Transport to move my car from NY to FL for the winter. Total was $600. Search google for “Auto Transport” “Car Shipping” and “Car Transportation” get quotes and compare rates. You should also check out the auto transport company track record at transport reviews.

Rule of thumb is 32¢/mile

NY-FL $500-600

FL-CA $750

first decide how many miles, then divide by skill of mpg. then multiply by skill of the fee of gasoline and upload any incidentals like stops for meals and so on. now call quite a few vehicle transport companies and get a quote. stable good fortune

That's pretty expensive.