Im almost 25 weeks pregnant and havent felt him move as much as usual for a while, should i be worried?

This is my first baby and dont know if im just being paranoid or not. He's normally quite wriggly around late evening time, i sometimes even see him move but last night as far as i know he only moved a little bit, maybe once or twice. I dont know if i should phone the hospital or just put it down to him still having loads of room to move about.

Favorite Answer

The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG ) recommends that you find a quiet and comfortable spot to sit (or lie down on your left side, which is optimal for providing your baby proper blood and oxygen circulation) and perform a kick count at least once a day from your seventh month of pregnancy until you deliver.

Try doing the test 20 minutes after eating and see how long it takes the baby to move (kick, flutter, swish, or roll) 10 times.

Again, you should feel your baby move 10 times in about two hours. "If it takes longer than four hours, it is a good idea to call your doctor," suggests Dr. Gerard M. DiLeo, MD, BabyZone's board-certified obstetrician-gynecologist.

The ACOG recommends that if you've not felt 10 kicks by the end of the second hour of counting, you wait a few hours and then try to count again. After the second session, if you've not felt 10 movements within two hours, contact your healthcare provider right away.

You should also make a call to your doctor if you notice a big change in your baby's movement patterns over the course of three to four days. (For example, if you've noticed that your baby has been very active after breakfast or right before you go to bed each day for several weeks, but then quiets down considerably for three to four days, you should mention the pattern change to your doctor.)

http://www.babyzone.com/pregnancy/fetal_…

Some gentle tricks I use to get a response from baby:

•Change position, especially lying on my back or belly briefly.

•Eat something sweet, then wait a few minutes.

•Listen to music. My son never kicked harder than when the organ played at church!

•Press on one side of my belly, and see if the baby presses back.

•Drink an icy cold glass of water to wake him up!

http://pregnancy.thefuntimesguide.com/20…

• Shawn

You should always call them if possible. No movement for a time at 25 weeks is very common but if you drink something sweet and lay down and feel for movement you should feel something at this point

Source(s): Hands Off My Belly! The Pregnant Woman's Survival Guide to Myths, Mothers, and Moods - Prometheus Books 2009 and Mom's Choice Award Gold Recipient 2009

get urself a glass of ice water & sit in a quiet place and drink it & see if baby starts to shift that way, i was told to do this in hospital when baby was a bit quiet for a while xxx

Source(s): mum of 1 and one on way xxx

He could be drowning.... Look it up on MedicalMD It's Fetal Death