Anonymous

Black women are ugly?

Yes, there are good looking and ugly people in each ethnic group/race, but why do people put an attractive person from one group and an ugly person next to them? Shouldn't they be equal. For example:

-Oprah Winfrey is more attractive than Rosie O'Donnell. Gabrielle Union is more attractive than Scarlett Johansson. Naomi Campbell is prettier than Karolina Kurkova. Michelle Obama is prettier than Cindy McCain. Mia Amber Davis is prettier than Mia Tyler (Mia has a nice face though). New York aka Tiffany Patterson (from VH1) is more attractive than Daisy de la Hoya (from VH1. Her real name is Vanessa Mossman. She's Puerto Rican and I think German...). Naomie Harris is prettier than Reese Witherspoon.

Anyway, my point is this: why don't people equally try to compare black women to non-black women, if they really want to make us seem "ugly"? I think I kinda compared the people above on an equal level =/

SilentxAssassain: is that Goku in your avatar?

Btw, this isn't a question trying to prove that black women are superior or that people SHOULD be attracted to us.

Charley: ummm. thats not true. please stfu.

Karolina could be pretty, but its her nose that ruins it for me.

Best Answer

No they're not. I'll take a crack at your list.

Neither Oprah Winfrey and Rosie O'Donnell have any appeal to me whatsoever.

Gabrielle Union is more attractive than Scarlett Johansson. No argument there. Both are beautiful though.

Karolina Kurkova is more attractive than Naomi Campbell.

I guess Michelle Obama is prettier than Cindy McCain, but I'm sure not going to pin up a poster of either of them in my billiards room.

Mia Amber Davis is much prettier than Mia Tyler.

Daisy de la Hoya is way hotter than Tiffany Patterson and Daisy pulls that fake look off a lot better.

Naomie Harris and Reese Witherspoon are about the same I guess, but even though they're relatively attractive - I have a hard time picturing either one as overly sexy.

Personally, it's all about how they present themselves and take care of themselves. Beauty isn't rigid for me, and my tastes change over time I've noticed. What I thought was absolutely beautiful is just pleasantly pretty now. But then, I'm a woman so I'm not trying to sleep with them either. I can appreciate black beauty when I see it. It's very different and I love unique looking things due to the artist in me.

Under most normal circumstances, Black women don't measure up to the standard of American beauty. Some of the Black women you mentioned are okay but not beautiful. I don't happen to think Oprah Winfrey is beautiful. Michelle Obama prettier than Cindy Mccain? Have you seen her cheeks? They protrude outwards like those women in Africa or as if her face is comprised of buttock tissue. Who is Mia Amber Davis? Tiffany Patterson isn't beautiful. Anyways, my point is that although a few Black women out there are gorgeous (i stress A FEW), they generally lack the physical traits & qualities that are deemed adequte for beauty through the discretionl or displeasure of the general public. Other factors such as personality, and demeanor are also considered imperative to the liking of Black women and people like Naomi Campbell who would disrespectbly throw a phone at one of her employees doesn't really win any fans outside of Black people.

I love being black. And I do think there are plentyyy of amazingly beautiful black women out there and there are some not very attractive ones also. I do admit people like to single out black women as unattractive but whatever it's their loss and their problem. Then again there are so many people out their that love black women.

Hey Upgrayed: we can also ask Will Smith, TI, Denzel Washington, Lebron James

They aren't ugly, but it's a evolutionary fact that people in general prefer people who look closer to themselves. In fact two siblings who have been separated at birth will have a stronger attraction to each other if they meet each other later in life.

different people have different tastes so to some they may be comparing at an equal level it's just not what you would consider an equal level.

btw reese witherspoon's definitely prettier than naomi harris

Wow, they really got to you huhL? That's pathetic. Stop making us black women look so insecure just because YOU are. I don't need a list of attractive black women

Black women are not ugly. There are gorgeous ones and unattractive ones, but the dark skin and African features does tend to bring out the beauty. So if anything the statement that Black women are beautiful is much more accurate.

A black woman won Miss America today ....(actually she was more of a mulatto-looking type, but whatever)

i think Scarlett Johansson looks better than Gabrielle Union

Karolina Kurkova better than Naomi Campbell

Everyone has different taste