Bare minerals and bare escentuals like or dislike and why?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I really like the products for their ease: swirl, buff, and tap...it doesn't get much easier than that. It's fast and easy and you have the ability to build with the products. You can use just foundation or get a little more glam with each step, concealer, blush, bare radiance, and even bronzer. I have dry skin, but it is never flakes with Bare minerals and it doesn't look or feel dry either. As the day goes on, my makeup actually looks better, as opposed to when I use MAC foundation and I look like I have a mask on my face by the end of the day. I was allergic to all the other mineral makeups I have tried such as Sheer Cover or Pur Minerals, but I never had a problem with Bare Minerals.

The one thing that I will say, is that it's still a fairly light coverage, but it is somewhat build-able. As far as the eyeshadows and mascara go, I can really take them or leave them. Contrary to what another contributor said, I don't find them to be super pigmented, for that I would choose MAC, Too Faced, or Urban Decay, but for a natural day look, they are beautiful. I would recommend the foundation/concealer/blush/bare radiance for everyday use though.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Bare Minerals/Bare Escentuals = Wonderful stuff! It's the only mineral makeup I would use or recommend. I used to have Sheer Cover, which I did not like. I prefer Bare Minerals. I am a light/medium and use their color Warmth for a hint of natural sun-kissed coloring. I love the whole process, the swirl, tap, and buff!

Source(s): : )
  • Bare Minerals for skin is not that good. It is really sparkly, gives not enough coverage, is too expensive, and apparently alot of people on here have said that it made them break out really bad. It also has bismuth chloride in it which can irritate skin.

As far as eyeshadows, blush, lip gloss, mascara, then yes you should get them because they are amazing. I just bought a kit from Ulta called the Jewel Collection and I totally love it! The colors are really unexpected and pigmented. It also came with all over face radiance and blush. I seriously recommend this to you because it`s fab and it comes with brushes too! Sephora also has these kits, not to mention QVC too.

So my final verdict is: Bare Minerals is a great company for everything other than foundation. Hope this helped!

• 1 decade ago

I cannot use them,I'd look like a prune face.May be if I put a layer of jojoba oil first...Naw, it is not for mature,dry skin. Good for young or oily skin I'd imagine.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I like it because it stays on good and it doesn't make your face oily if you have very oily skin.

• april
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Well I use them and I have neither young nor oily skin!

• 1 decade ago

agreed! i loce to product works well doesnt look cakey

• 1 decade ago

I love it! I look natural but BETTER when I wear it. :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.