Environmental Engineer in College?

I plan on attending Texas State University. I narrowed my majors down to 3 choices and Im kinda stuck.

1.Business Managment

2.Geography

3.Environmental Engineering

I know Env.E is the best for salary and job secrurity but it just looks so damn hard to do in college!! So much math and sciene and it looks like ill be taking 16 to 17 credits a semester:/

I want to go to college to study and get an education but i want to enjoy it too. Not just sit in my dorm room studying all day and night. It also seems that Engineers are a bit anti social(just from what i heard).

If anybody can help me out with this, Im not trying to go to college to just party im just saying that i want to enjoy my time there too. Tell me the level of difficulty the majors above have and how much free time do you think ill have and what is best to meet people and socialize.

Best Answer

Environmental Engineering does not have a good reputation among other Engineers.

If you think Engineering is too "hard", you should do yourself a favor and study Engineering Technology instead. The math is much easier. Texas Tech offers Construction, Electronics, and Mechanical Engineering Technology.

Several Texas universities offer degrees in Industrial Technology (Technology Management), which is half-way between Engineering and Business.

• drip

Yes it is a lot of math. If you are not comfortable with that you need to look into other areas. 50% of all college students change their major at least once. don't narrow yourself down right now. Get into college and take you gen ed classes first and second semester.

No matter what your major you should take at least 15 credits per semester. My daughter has never taken less than 17 credits per semester in college. The level of difficulty will vary depending on your ability. There is no reason not to be able to have free time with 17/18 credits per semester. time management and organizational skills are going to get you through college.

• Pamela

I'm an undergrad in CEE at Tech, the program is decent, but the profs don't speak English.