Can you build an immunity to sinus infection?

So I went to an ear nose throat doctor, and got a CT scan for polyps, and they said that I have rhino sinusitis, it is the worst thing to live with. This is gross but when I wake up in the morning I have to suffer with mucus in my throat and sometimes scrap it off of my throat. If you have this condition, will your body build an immune against infection?

I HAVE CHRONIC. He gave me some nasal sprays, but they don't help. . .

Favorite Answer

Your doctor should have told you whether the rhinosinusitis is acute, recurrent acute, subacute, or chronic. What medication did he prescribe? I found some information at asfp.org that might help you ask your doctor for more information.

My daughter suffers from frequent sinus infections, she has been treated for years with antibiotics and even had surgeries to open her sinus passages. All to no avail. If you are prone to these type of infections, you have probably inherited the tendency. I had them myself, many years ago but have apparently outgrown them, I don't have any other explanation. Find out what is causing them - probably allergies- and treat them and hope for the best.