? asked in 政治及管治法律及道德 · 1 decade ago




2 Answers

  • Gary
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    The answer is it depends on your parents.

    Usually, born in Hong Kong will make you entitled as a British National (Overseas), which does not have the right to abode in the United Kingdom.

    However, if either of your parents has acquired British Citizenship before you are born, you may have acquired the British Citizenship by decent. In this case you will have the right to abode in the United Kingdom.

  • 1 decade ago



    The answer is no.

    British Government did not assimilate HK Citizens into British Citizens, instead, they created a whole other group of Citizenship into HK Citizens. That was British National Oversea.

    People holding British National Oversea cannot settle in UK nor do they have EU Citizenship or Residence. The only thing BNO Holder enjoy otherthan other passportholder is that you can work for British Government in UK or Oversea.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.