is the 2010 hyundai elantra touring a good car?

is it safe? basically i wanna know if you would put your kid in that car ..

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Take a look at the first link below for crash test rating for the 2009 Elantra Touring (same as the 2010). The second link also has safety ratings from Europe. Basically it received four to five stars for all categories. I own a 2009 Hyundai i30 (Elantra Touring in N. America) in Korea and absolutely love the car. It is sporty, economical, safe, comfortable, affordable with a long list of standard features. The i30 was designed in Germany primarily for the European market. The i30 has won numerous awards since its introduction. Take a look at the second link below for more information on the i30.

In 2004, Hyundai tied with Honda for initial brand quality in a survey/study from J.D. Power and Associates, for having 102 problems per 100 vehicles. This made Hyundai second in the industry, only behind Toyota, for initial vehicle quality. The company continued this tradition by placing third overall in J.D. Power's 2006 Initial Quality Survey, behind only Porsche and Lexus. Hyundai/Kia Automotive Group is the world’s fourth largest automaker (second in Asia) in terms of units manufactured and sold per year and one of the Big Asian Four (with Toyota, Honda and Nissan).

In recent interviews with Toyota executives, they have expressed concerns about Hyundai-Kia and their market share. Hyundai-Kia is the only automobile manufacturer that Toyota fears - and that says something. Hyundai-Kia is the fastest growing foreign brand in China and is the largest exporter of cars in India (Hyundai has plants in both countries). Hyundai-Kia was the only major automaker to sell more vehicles in 2009 than 2008.

Edit: Hyundai Elantra and Avante are different from the Elantra Touring (which is the i30 or i30 estate). They share the same chassis and engines but that is about it.

• knoell
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Hyundai is definitely no longer a terrible business agency. It used to easily grant an inexpensive automobiles with few sensible aspects, yet interior the most suitable few years, it has very much greater and per chance exceeded different manufacturers like Toyota and Honda. Now it delivers one the values attainable, providing extra sensible aspects for much less money. also, Hyundais have lengthy warranties(10 year./one hundred,000 mi. on the powertrain) to ease any good concerns you've gotten. inspite of the actual undeniable reality that there really isn't something to be fearful about. Hyundai makes between the right automobiles you ought to purchase immediately. inspite of the actual undeniable reality that, i'd propose the newly redesigned Elantra over the Elantra traveling in case you do not favor the hatchback area because it delivers extra effective gas economy and a sleeker layout, alongside with extra tech sensible aspects.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Hyundai Elantra (Korean: 현대 엘란트라), or Hyundai Avante (현대 아반떼) in South Korea, is a compact car from Hyundai of South Korea launched for the 1991 model year.

The Elantra was formerly sold as the Lantra and the Avante in Australia and some European markets. In Australia, this was due to the similarly named Mitsubishi Magna Elante model which was sold at the time. This gave rise to disagreement from other motor manufacturers, and the name was standardized as "Elantra" worldwide in 2001(with the exception being Korea and Malaysia still selling under the name Avante).

The Hyundai Elantra is listed as United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Picks Ten Most Fuel Efficient Vehicles. The Elantra ranked #2 in 2006 and 2007 in the category of most fuel efficient sedans, and also was ranked as the most efficient non-hybrid mid-sizedg sedan.

The 2008 Elantra was awarded the 2008 Consumer Reports "top pick". The magazine's annual ratings, based on road tests and predicted safety and reliability are considered highly influential among consumers.

The 2009 Elantra was the highest quality compact car by J.D. Power's quality study, beating out the segment-defining Toyota Prius, Honda Civic.[4] The study measures 228 attributes, including the overall driving experience, engine and transmission, and a broad range of defect and design problems reported by vehicle owners.

* Hyundai Elantra 2008 performance:[7]

* 1.6L DOHC engine 121 hp 0-62 mph: 9.7 sec., top speed: 121 mph (195 km/h) MT.

* 1.6L DOHC engine 121 hp 0-62 mph: 10.7 sec., top speed: 115 mph (185 km/h) AT.

* 2.0L DOHC engine 138 hp (132 hp in PZEV configuration) 0-62 mph: 9.0 sec., top speed: 128 mph (206 km/h) MT.

* 2.0L DOHC engine 138 hp (132 hp in PZEV configuration) 0-62 mph: 10.7 sec., top speed: 120 mph (193 km/h) AT.

* 1.6L CRDI engine 115 hp 0-62 mph: 10.1 sec., top speed: 127 mph (204 km/h) AT.

Hyundai Elantra named as one of the most reliable vehicles from 2009 Consumer Reports reliability survey. [8]

Yes it is SAFE

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.