Anonymous

My Friends, do you consider YA to be any kind of social networking site?

Your answers are very important to me. Thanks in advance.

Angelmusic and Somebody Else's Grandpa: Thorough and informative. Just what I was looking for! Some background on my question; At our Circuit Assembly, the dangers of networking sites was mentioned, and I wanted to make sure that I am serving obediently! Now to choose BA

My wife and my daughter are convinced that it's dangerous for me to be here asking and answering, with possible apostate influences all over the internet. I am announcing today, my Friends, that I'm leaving YA. Many of you have become the very people I would give my life for if the occasion ever arose. I sincerely hope that my being here has helped those who might have wondered whether what we believe is really the Truth or not, decide, yes, absolutely, without a doubt, what do I need to do to be baptized! Agape', Friends!

Best Answer

Going out in field service could be social networking or it may not be.

Getting on Y/A may or may not be social networking.

A person has to determine his/her reason for using this site - primarily to give or receive information/facts/figures, or is it to seek friends.

For myself, I did not seek to come to this site to gain friends. Have I "met" a few Witnesses who have become "friends"? Yes, but that is not my primary reason for taking time to answer questions.

My answers on Y/A are what draw the response of others - whether Witnesses or not. Without the answers, there would be no "contact".

I keep my answers on a "spiritual plane." Which is why I am here.

Source(s): One of Jehovah's Witnesses

The best thing about social networking sites is the ability to re-connect with old friends while meeting new ones. It's also a good way to find out about people that you are newly aquitanited with. The most important technological feature that is missing is the quality control of these sites. There is way too much spammers and fakers on these sites. If only there were a way to limit one account per person... but that'd be too costly.

Not really. After all, the only way we can interact with one another is through a private messaging system, and even finding out that someone else messaged us requires that we leave Y!A, and go to our email account!

We are supposed to be able to see when anyone in our network asked a question or starred a question, and we're supposed to be able to choose how many such questions are displayed on our home pages, but no matter what I choose, I can only see 3 of them!

We could receive some notifications through Yahoo! Messenger if we enable Y!A to interact with that, (I don't), but once again, it's not internal to the Y!A site.

If this were any kind of social networking site, we would be able to contact one another through it, without leaving the site!

If this were a decent social networking site, we would be able to comment on one another's answers and home pages.

-----

Like others, I have found some nice friends here. However, they are far outnumbered by the trolls, hackers, and hate-mongers I've encountered.

I'm with Lone Dissenter again. When I found this site I had no idea but to answer questions about the Bible. But I have found a few wonderful friends from all over the world here.

Source(s): LDa's sidekick

No. I think of a social networking site as something for friends to connect with friends. Yahoo! Answers probably more closely resembles a forum.

Yes. Since you can have contact and share information with you contacts and others. Although it is not as popular as Face book and Myspace, it is a social networking site.

In a way its a nice place to get to know other faithful witness and others you just don't connect with.If there is another website for witnesses to chat it be nice to know it.I am a unbaptized publisher working towards baptism.

Source(s): Jehovah Witnesses in Michigan

No, I don't think, it's a social networking site.

No but I have made some good friends here.

nope