Is it a law in America that schools have to teach kids about being drug free?

I have to write an essay and I really need to know the answer to this to make my essay better. My school has a drug free program but im not sure if all schools have to have it? soo thanks in advance!

Favorite Answer

I believe it is part of the federal mandate for curriculum in all schools that are public schools.

No. It's not the law. But schools take it into their own hands thinking if they teach students about drugs and being drug free, they're fulfilling an obligation so they can feel they've done something responsible.

It's just a bunch a bull. Students will still do what they want and teenagers are in the stage of their life where they test the waters. Any water. It may not always be the best decision they make, but it's normal and comes with being a teenager.

Someone can be told something until they're blue in the face, but they'll still do what they want. Sometimes that's the only way we learn.

You can see how successful Nancy Reagan's "just say no" program was. It did nothing.

If your school forces you to be in a drug free program, now that IS against the law. You can tell your Principal I said so.