How can I stop my inactive home security system from randomly beeping?

We moved in a few months ago, and because we don't have a landline, the pre-existing home security system is inactive. That hasn't been a problem until this week, when I tripped the smoke alarm; ever since then, once a day, usually at a painfully early hour, it beeps until I type in the security code. Then... show more We moved in a few months ago, and because we don't have a landline, the pre-existing home security system is inactive. That hasn't been a problem until this week, when I tripped the smoke alarm; ever since then, once a day, usually at a painfully early hour, it beeps until I type in the security code. Then it happens all over again the next morning. The control panel is in our closet and I suspect the solution to my problem lies there, but I'm not sure what wires to disconnect. Any ideas?