Elle asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

What are some good military love stories?

My boyfriend is a Marine and I found that I'm addicted to military romance novels. I love Nicholas Sparks (Dear John, The Lucky One). Books make time go by faster and its all of the love and none of the bs of life. :] Any one have any good suggestions?

Favorite Answer

5 People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

If you like "romance" novels: http://www.amazon.com/Military-Romance-Books/lm/2G...

Debbie Macomber has a Navy Wife series

Susan Andersen has Marine Wife series

Yakota Officers Club by Sarah Bird

Going Overboard by Sarah Smiley (not my favorite but people like her for some stupid reason)

Echoes by Danielle Steel

Dear Enemy by Jack Cavanaugh

A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway

The Shell House by Linda Newbery

The guernsey literary and potato peel society by Mary Ann Shaffer

Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford

Chicken Soup for the Military Wife's Soul: Stories to Touch the Heart and Rekindle the Spirit

Separated By Duty, United In Love by Shellie Vandevoorde

Faith Deployed: Daily Encouragement for Military Wives by Jocelyn Green

Army Wives: The Unwritten Code of Military Marriage by Tanya Biank

I Live an Army Life, I am an Army Wife by Valerie Senetha Miles

A Year of Absence: Six women's stories of courage, hope and love by Jessica Redmond

As Always, Jack: A Wartime Love Story by Emma Sweeney

Beside Me Still: A Memoir of Love and Loss in World War II by Elizabeth R. P. Shaw

The Eighteen-Year-Old Replacement: Facing Combat in Patton's Third Army by R. Richard Kingsbury

Love Leaves No One Behind by Claudia Pemberton

Not sure if you are into Christian books but I can pull out some if you are.

Source(s): avid reader

As much as I hated the movie, I would say "Pearl Harbor". I'm more of a history buff and focused more on the accuracy of events versus the love story.

You might also want to check out "Midway". There's a love back story about a navy pilot and a Japanese girl right after the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

Hope this helps

Oh! I left out the obvious ones! "An officer and a Gentlemen" and "Annapolis"

• I have a good one about my rifle being my best friend. I was useless with out him. Sure, there are many like him, but that one was mine. It was my life.